Why say Jehovah anymore?

by Bang 70 Replies latest jw friends

• DINKY
    DINKY

Hey,
    NO ONE has the right to tell me what I call my Higher Power - not YOU, the WTBTS, or anybody else.

Mind your own business.

Dinky

• Bang
    Bang

Did I say I had rights? I suppose I'm assuming a right to speak.
    My business is more information, because in the case of the wtbts, they're not talkin about the same Person when they ask to enter our house.

Bang

I'm guessing you really liked the name jehovah? I'm sorry for your loss but I can't have the jovies getting away with it, I've got to say something.

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i talk about the origin of everything with others, i usually use the term god, as it is the least colored by connotations. However, in my thoughts, there is no applicable term, i just link up.

SS

• DIM
    DIM

I don't call my mom and dad by their first names, and there's no evidence that God's name was in the New Testament, so I prefer not to use it. Unless i'm talking about that religion that I grew up in.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Anyway, who calls their father by his first name. Isn't it disrespectful?

And yet, your father HAS/had a name, yes? When I speak TO my Father, through my Lord, I call Him "Father". Of course. But when I speak OF my Father, to others, such as yourself, I refer to Him as "my Father". Yet, I am maligned at times for doing so, just as I am when I refer to my Lord as "my Lord". Folks tend to say, "who are YOU that He is YOUR Father or YOUR Lord?" I do this, however, to (1) herald that He IS my Father, and my Lord IS my Lord, (2) to distinguish my Father from other 'fathers' ("you are from your father, the Devil), and my Lord from other 'lords' ("there are many lords")...

But, He has a name, JAH... of Armies, as does my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. And those names... are to be 'made known'... by those 'chosen' pursuant to them. I am not ashamed of either of them, or their names.

... by his very nature, won't the One True God know when you're talking too or about him no matter what you call him?
    So, if you're in KMart and YOUR son calls out, "Hey, whatever...", are you SURE he's talkin' to you? And what if your son has a step or foster dad and you all are in the same vicinity and he says, "Hey, Dad!" Are you SURE he's calling you?

True, because my Father knows my HEART, when I say "Father", He knows of whom I speak. Yet, I PERSONALLY wish Him to know that I make NO mistake of whom it is upon which I call, and so rather than say, "JAH this, and JAH that" to HIM... I do not hide His name from those to whom I SPEAK of Him.

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Bang
    Bang

Can't He tell your voice?

• DINKY
    DINKY

Hey,
    I like the name Jehovah. He and I began our relationship awhile back while I was in the borg. When I started having doubts, I asked him if I should stay or go. He let me know I should go. I've continued to have a great relationship with Jehovah, so I see no need to change my name for him for political/superstitious reasons. Does that make any sense?

Religion is for people afraid of Hell. Spirituality is for people who have been to Hell.

Dinky

• Satanus
    Satanus

DINKY

It's a personal thing for everyone. Use what works.

SS

• Bang
    Bang

Dinky,
    that makes a lot of sense, but I also know that there are people who, though having left, still think the borg maybe the 'truth' and the name they use over people hits home with them (just like with yourself) so they're in a void they can't escape, like a purgatory. It's important that they, the jws, and everyone know that 'Allah' is every bit as acceptable, if your talkin about the same Spirit.

To my mind jovies aren't refering to the same person I am, or at least they don't know Him as they claim. If you left then it seems you don't either.

Bang

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Can't He tell your voice?

It does not work that way, initially, as I related in a different post:

"Anyway, I then tell Him who I am; no, that is not true: I USED to always identify myself, but for some time now I have not, not since I 'heard' my Lord say, "You do not have to keep identifying yourself, child, for the Father knows you, just as I know you." So, in order not to insult Him (though He would not be, but manners prevail), I no longer identify myself other than to say, "It's me." (Note: I would suggest to any who are approaching for the first time to identify themselves until they are reassured that they no longer need to. Just out of respect.)"

There is more on this in the thread entitled "How Do I Pray?"

And, Bang? Please know that "Allah" is simply a mis-understanding/ statement/spelling of the Hebrew word for "praise JAH", which has been handed down by Ishmael's 'seed' (those who are Islamic and follow the Prophet Mohammed), which word is: ALLELUJAH

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit