District Assemblies and Circuit Assemblies getting farther away from home

by never a jw 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ?me?
    ?me?

this year we will be traveling for the first time in a many years, i figure it will cost us about 1000 dollars. but we are staying at a NICE hotel, not on the list (but just a little more and much closer than any on the list) and going to a couple of NICE dinners and going a night early so we don't have to wake up early and so we can enjoy the city the night before.

i was nice being minutes away from the venue and also choosing to go next week if you wanted to or to go with friends or families in a different circuit, or to come home during halftime. maybe next year when the "INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION" fervor wears off.

i just hope it is less boring and they do some different talks/interviews/demo's

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are all boring. The only enjoyment comes from the mental exercise of picking apart the doctrinal fallacies that flow endlessly for days. The last DC I traveled to cost me over $500.00 USD. Needless to say, I contributed ZERO dollars to the WTBTS. I got to see some family, which was nice.

Last night I overheard my Wife talking to a JW friend on the west coast. I could tell that her friend was worrying about the distance to the DC and not being able to find a WTBTS approved hotel. The unforgivable sin of staying where you want is weighing on her soul.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

DATA-DOG - Last night I overheard my Wife talking to a JW friend on the west coast. I could tell that her friend was worrying about the distance to the DC and not being able to find a WTBTS approved hotel. The unforgivable sin of staying where you want is weighing on her soul.

Hi DATA-DOG, Does your wife know how to locate cheaper hotels and read guests' reviews about the hotels to locate hotels that she (or her friend) might enjoy)? I wonder why the WTBTS approves one hotel over another, unless they get some kind of a kick-back (i.e., donation per JW) from the hotel.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

You should object on the basis of your conscience that with increased poltion you do not want to consent with "those ruining the earth"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The extra cost of gasoline and lodging in some cases far outweighs the savings of the WTS.

You gotta be kidding - do you think the WT is interested in this factoid? They are not paying for the gas and they get a kickback for lodging so it works out just fine for them, Thank you very much.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

The convention has been 15 minutes or 2 hours from my house, depending on location. This year my family is driving 6 hours to a location we've never been to before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit