Worst yb experience I have ever heard heartwrenching

by Skinnedsheep 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

“He Sold His Bicycle
    Malachi, an elder who lives in Burundi, earned his living by farming and by transporting loads on his bicycle. In order to support their Kingdom Hall construction project, Malachi decided to be at the construction site every day. To do so, he needed money to care for his family during the two months of construction. So he sold his bicycle and gave part of the money to his wife for his family’s needs, and he put the rest of the money in the contribution box to help with the construction costs.”

Pg 37

• Abe Ostate
    Abe Ostate

As if the money in the contribution box went to the construction... Poor naive Malachi...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I don't believe that experience. I could make up a better story.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Even in Burundi I do not think the price for selling abike would support ones family for 2 months LOL.

WTF ROFL

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Does the yearbook have the annual report? I can only find totals.

• Abe Ostate
    Abe Ostate

It goes on to say that he learned construction on the project and then went and bought another bicycle with the (increased) earnings from his new construction job.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was made up, like someone mentioned.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yearbook : http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/ pages in back, 175-187

The experience could have been made up in part,,though could be partially so,,it is so irritating, that the HQ puts such out to manipulate people that are ekeing by,,especially as so much is sent on to HQ to build new buildings with all the comfort, only for many with less to give to such a lie.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

My understanding is that the society has made obscene amounts of money through property transactions in the U.K. Why not invest that in construction projects in less developed lands? ( ok thats a retorical ?)

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Andre has a well paying union job in construction and he decided to leave it to volunteer for the construction of the new WTS headquarters. He sold his car so his wife can use half of the money so she and their 2 children can survive while he is away and he contributed the other half to the society...Jehovah greatly blessed Andre as he qualified to be an elder when he returned to his home congregation....Yearbook 2017

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's a shame that Jehovah didn't have a bicycle to sell so that he can pay for his own construction projects.

Maybe Jehovah would be able to pay all his own bills if he went out and got a job rather than spent all his time monitoring who is or isn't masturbating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit