Part II, Why Believe In God?

by jst2laws 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunchild
    Sunchild
    I'll pray to the Goddess and ask her how she feels about you not believing in her.]

*g* My guess would be that She doesn't care. Everyone who's supposed to find Her eventually does, and unlike some deities I could mention, she doesn't seem the jealous type.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
    -- Professor Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Too true Sunchild. I think most believers in deities have trouble not giving them the most petty of human traits.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• flower
    flower

Too bad this thread was hijacked with ridiculousness..interesting post Jst2laws.

Looking forward to III. Personally, I believe I would have eventually rejected the idea of God even had I not grown up in the org. Eventually anyone who is forced to no longer trust their heart alone but rely more heavily on their brain, whatever it is that brings them to that point (for us it was the WTS experience) would likely come to the same conclusion about the bible and God.

Whatever the reason humans have a need to understand the purpose in life on this planet and how it got here and other questions like that. The God concept answers that for people. Its something we 'want' to believe in. But just because we want something doesnt make it true. We all know that.

Some need that answer so badly that they arent willing to accept that it is not true. And thats ok too. Christians are like some JW's in that many who know that something is 'wrong' with their religion refuse to step back and think and reason and accept. They simply cannot imagine life without the organization and all it says being the truth. Same with the God concept. Its just too much to let go of for many no matter how unfounded it may be so like many dubs they hide behind a few truths which cant be disproven or they hide behind empty jargon.

I find that the concept of God has more questions than answers. Why would I base my entire life on "faith"? As I said before I hate that word and the entire idea behind it. Faith to me is absolutely ridiculous.

Why do I not believe in God?

More reasons than I can think of and organize in my mind right now but for starters..

-There is no logical reason for a God to sit back and watch people suffer. NO REASON.

-There is no reason for God to not reveal answers to questions that would make believing in him/her/it much easier.

-There is no reason why an all powerful God should not alter the worlds events for the better.

-If there 'are' reasons for the above there is no reason why we cant know them. Why not just tell us whats up? Whats the deal with all the 'faith' crap? Whats with all the unanswerable questions?

-If there is a God He is unfair, uncaring, unloving, selfish, heartless, and cold. That OR he/she/it has NO idea what the heck its doing and needs to step down as God and let someone with more experience take over (j/k)

flower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit