How much longer?

by JeffT 36 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I had this thought while reading the CO visit thread, and decided to make it a separate topic.

How much longer can they keep beating the slaves before there is a rebellion? It is obvious that the trickle of people that are leaving is growing, and growing enough to make them worried. At some point it may become a flood. When people start reallizing they have more friends outside the Borg than in it they may vote with their feet.

Another big problem is the fact that seem to be loosing their children. This has killed off more than one movement in the past. When the last tired old member is dead, there isn't anything left.

• AlanF
    AlanF

A lot of JWs are already starting to rebel. They simply pay the Society little mind, and schluff off the beatings as they would an annoying fly buzzing around.

Truth is, for a lot of JWs these days, especially the young, JWism is more of a social thing than a religion. Older JWs who've been around for decades are often very disappointed in what their organization has become, but are stuck with the "where shall we go?" syndrome.

I think that if what this CO said in his recent talk accurately reflects what the Society is telling all CO's to convey to congregations, it shows the Society's desperation to maintain control. I also think that it would mark the beginning of the end game.

AlanF

• accuracy
    accuracy

Sad.

The real 'beginning of the end' started with Rutherford, a man whose books the Society never even uses any more. Putting a name on the Bible Students that brought no salvation to the Israelites (Isaiah 43:10) may have been a step backward.

The emphasis should have been on Christ and Christianity all along. Jesus said that honoring the Son meant that the Father would be honored also. Now belatedly there is some emphasis on Jesus. But identity as Christians still suffers.

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

I agree with the both of you, from my limited experience of young JWs, they all have "outside" friends, and one friend of mine told me she fully trusted the organisation, but was covering her social back as it were, in case she found herself incapable of following their teachings. Which brings us back to the heaviness of the load. The impression I get is that for the younger members, it IS a social thing, but not the ONLY social aspect of their lives. And that will be the undoing of the Society, when the R&F wake up one morning and decide enough is enough, I can't live like this, I might die at Armaggedon, but I have the social support to have damn good fun during my journey there.

• ShaleenT
    ShaleenT

Hi Jeff. Sometimes I wonder the same thing. My mother and two teenage brothers are witnesses. I was just recently disassociated and my older brother and mother won't really talk to me. I am excluded from any type of family functions, even though my whole entire family are not witnesses. Sorry, I went on a tangent there for a minute. Anyway, hopefully something or someone will open up some of these people's eyes and they will see they are being mislead. Who knows, maybe God will be the one to do that, if there even is one.

• SYN
    SYN

When I read posts like this, I feel a sudden glorious hope arising within my heart that perhaps there is a chance for all the devoted Dubs, but then I remember how things were in my old Congregation and I start laughing.

They are a CULT.

Things may be different in other parts of the world, but the Dubs in my KH took their religion VERY seriously. There was little or no chance of them "drifting" out of the Truth. The only people in my old KH who had many outside friends were in fact the youths.

This is a good thing, but it does mean that the BORG will still be around for ages...

"Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. Until they rebel, they will never become conscious." - George Orwell

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

AlanF,

I have been a Witness for many years and proud of it. It is people like you who live in a dream world. Wake up dude; we live on the same planet with the same problems. However, I know there is a solution to these problems and you don't. Now get back to your Engineering!!

• AlanF
    AlanF

Dear sweet Fridolin said:

: I have been a Witness for many years

The state of your mind makes that painfully obvious.

: and proud of it.

How sad.

: It is people like you who live in a dream world.

Nope. Mine is firmly based in reality. Your little Orwellian world is about to come crashing down on your head. And I ain't Chicken Little.

: Wake up dude; we live on the same planet with the same problems.

I think not. I live on the Earth.

: However, I know there is a solution to these problems and you don't.

When I was fwee, my mommy said that in The New World I could have a lion and a tiger and a efenant! I weally, weally want 'em!

: Now get back to your Engineering!!

Never stopped. Now pull your head out of your ass and look at the real world. Oh, better wipe the browny off your eyes first.

AlanF

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

By their polices, they have already lost most of the “cream of the crop.”

• blondie
    blondie

ShaleenT:

Why don't the non-witnesses stand up and say if you can't come then the JW family members can stay home?

Just in general, people I know are disturbed by what they see in the organization. But they also know what it means to speak up about it. They aren't ready yet to leave everyone they know for an uncertain future. Eventually, they get pushed out or shoved out because they reach a limit of compromise. Pretending and lying is no longer possible and not destroy what you are inside.

Freedom does not come without a price. Some are not willing to pay it, yet. Some will never be willing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit