SERENITY PRAYER

by QUEENIE 12 Replies latest jw friends

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE --- COURAGE TO CHANGE THAT I CAN and THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE....thought for the day is: _Progress not Perfection_ !!! I hope the forgoing is coherant enough for all to understand !!! QUEENIE

• garybuss
    garybuss

'

Thanks for the food for thought. I used to try to force myself to accept the things I lacked the courage to try to change.

Now, the way I know I can not change something is to try to change it and fail and try again and fail again. Then after multiple approaches and attempts to change something I concede that I can not change it and begin the process of trying to accept it as unchangeable by me.

Still, maybe it can be changed by others or by time or by environmental changes.

I imagine the weather is getting hot in your area by now.

Best wishes,

gb

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

QUEENIE,

Ya sound like an AA/NA meeting..."It works if ya work it cause you're worth it"

Anyhow, just a note, that prayer is 1500 years old at least. Comes from around AD 500.

Just more food for thought.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

GOD ROEADS THIS WEBPAGE?? COOL.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

anything CAN be addicted--mine for a few years WAS FOOD -- overeaters anonymous -- I am still chubby But anyway there are also SEX AND LOVE ADDICTS annonymous and I think there is also gamblers annonymous / shoppers annoymous, etc...ANYWAY only LINDA can change LINDA (in areas that I want to change--such as personality) and that is a big enough job for me at the moment...

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

KEEP IT SIMPLE

shimmer

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Lord, make me an instrument of Your Peace.
    Where there is hadred, let me sow love;
    Where there is injury, pardon;
    Where there is doubt, faith;
    Where there is despair, hope;
    Where there is darkness, light;
    And where there is sadness, joy.
    O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
    To be consoled as to console;
    To be understood as to understand;
    To be loved as to love;
    For it is in giving we recieve;
    It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
    And it is in dying that we are born to eternal light.

St. Francis of Assisi

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• myriamme
    myriamme

William just wanted to thank you for sharing that thought from St-François d'Assis it is very lovely.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

QUEENIE,

As we say in AA, FAKE IT TIL YA MAKE IT.

Keep your chin up.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Imbue
    Imbue

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results!

"Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit