Another scientific gem from Brooklyn

by cappytan 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Perhaps Rama Singh could be involved with this one too??
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Funny timing of your post.

Probably old news for many here, but I was on AJWRB today, trying to grasp the background of the blood belief.

The first quote (and many others) is WHAAAAAAT?

http://ajwrb.org/science/the-watchtower-on-science-and-medicine

Who needs doctors (physicians and otherwise) when we can read the ravings of Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz and the Magnificent Seven?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Heaven,

Dont you mean splitting heirs?? ( Badump bump..ching!!!) I'll be here all week! No seriously, I have no life....I'll be here all week.

DD

• InjusticeSystem
    InjusticeSystem

The worst part is that JW's who read this will be reinforcing their denial of a key and beautiful theory of the world around us. They won't be able to experience the joy and wonder of discovering the amazing truth about evolution. It answers questions you never knew you had and makes you ask questions that lead into more amazing insights about abiogenesis, geology, paleontology, archaeology, astrobiology, cosmology......such a waste. To the poor witness that tries to push this on an unsuspecting householder:

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Many believe that life came about by evolution...

Ummmm, no...that's abiogenesis - well spotted.

Their arguments against evolution are weak in the face of extensive evidence. Either they conflate abiogenesis and evolution in ignorance, or it's a deliberate tactic to weaken opposing arguments.

I must admit, I don't know much about abiogenesis, but the WTS argument that "organic molecules couldn't happen by chance" is weak when you consider that spontaneous origin of life, however unlikely it may seem, only had to happen once in billions of years.

• steve2
    steve2

The organization's thinking reduced to its core:

"We cannot begin to imagine how life on earth could ever have come about without some definite creative input from a more complex source. Therefore, we could not possibly have evolved".

This narrow, but seductive, type of thinking skirts the issue of how a more complex source (i.e., "Jehovah God") was not created. So, they push up a very steep cliff a wheelbarrow of beliefs that insist less complex organisms needed to be created whilst the more complex creative source did not.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heaven,

Dont you mean splitting heirs?? ( Badump bump..ching!!!) I'll be here all week! No seriously, I have no life....I'll be here all week.

DD

DD, you crack me up! Thank you.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG
    😇

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit