Another scientific gem from Brooklyn

by cappytan 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan

Key quote:

Many believe that life came about by evolution...

Ummmm, no...that's abiogenesis, not evolution. No evolutionist says that "life came about by evolution."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    The "extraordinary amount of information contained in our cells" reveals how very similar we are to other species.
  • InjusticeSystem
    InjusticeSystem

Christ. It hurts me. Their ignorance physically hurts me.

IT'S ABIOGENESIS MOTHER$%&#@#S!

I apologize, had to get that out.

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL!

The other one that really gets me is the 'we evolved from monkeys' religious theory.

Noooo... we had a common ancestor. That's why there are humans and monkeys today. (It actually should be apes but I won't split hairs here).

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Nice catch Cappytan!

Whaddya' expect from when a bunch of uneducated yahoos try to "school" the world on things they neither know about nor understand?

We gotta' call them out on stuff like this every time because it really proves they are not representing God.

• prologos
    prologos
    perhaps that dumbed down phrase as sample presentation in the km is deliberate, but on their level. wt does not want educated critical thinkers.
  • steve2
    steve2

Meanwhile, in a dusty basement at headquarters - wherever it is now based - Watchtower authors are furiously ploughing through older publications in an attempt to find even one scientist somewhere who lived sometime whose abbreviated quote appears to back up their simplistic door-step sermon.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    [allow for (but ignore completely) response (then proceed with pre-rehearsed drivel as if you'd never asked them for their opinion)]
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

"...some scientists..."

uhhhh, who? you gotta bibliography or works cited page in that publication? if not, that would get any 7th grader a big fat 0 on their semester research paper. just sayin'

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

[allow for response] - the missing element in the instructions is [ignore response].

When a JW asks a question they are not really looking for an response. Just take the damn magazine and let me move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit