Human stupidity reaches new depths.

by Sunchild 17 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Wow, I wish I could speak with footnotes. I could save so much time.

It's actually rather amusing to see a fundamentalist Christian portrayed as being knowledgable and in charge. In real life, they are so hopelessly out of touch with reality. I guess this is what fantasy literature is like for nerds.

By the way, if the contents of Harry Potter books can lead a person to be curious about spiritism, wouldn't the same hold true for that "Witch of Endor" story? If anything, it is more Satanic than Harry Potter.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I'm a born again Christian - and yes, this guy's track is utterly STUPID!! How does he expect anyone to take that seriously?!

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Lisa,

Perhaps we could suggest the "donation arrangement" to him--so he could go downhill like the JW!

*g* Say, that's not a bad idea!

And SYN, nice to see you, too.

Xander,

I bet he cheared when Falwell et al. blamed the Sept 11 attacks on 'the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians'
    ...As opposed to putting the blame where it belongs: on religious zealots who think they're doing the world a favor. [8>]

Dawn,

I'm a born again Christian - and yes, this guy's track is utterly STUPID!! How does he expect anyone to take that seriously?!
    Unfortunately, there ARE people who take this sort of thing seriously. Besides the fruit loop who writes those tracts, there are also people like Jerry Falwell and Fred Phelps and all of others who look up to them. Oh, and don't forget our own beloved WTBTS. They may sugarcoat it more, but they teach pretty much the same thing.

*Rochelle.
    (Edited to make a smiley work.)
    ---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
    -- Professor Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.

• Xander
    Xander

to see a fundamentalist Christian portrayed as being knowledgable and in charge

LOL! You should read the OTHER tract he has on his 'new tracts' page. ...In which we here a tale of how an older US judge is humbled before god (in the process literally begging the fundie for details on how to save his soul).

on religious zealots who think they're doing the world a favor.

Yeah, but wouldn't that lead the discerning reader to some....eh...?uncomfortable question?

wouldn't the same hold true for that "Witch of Endor" story

It's those Ewoks that scare me. Little fuzzy bastards...up to no good with all their pagan gold-plated god worshipping pagan-ness! (They're probably feminists and gay, too!!)

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hey Sunchild, I surfed thru the site you posted.

<<<GAG!>>>

However....Buried amongst the archived, uh, *stuff*, was one little gem that should brighten your day.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0026/0026_01.asp

whatever...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

If it makes any difference the majority of Christians do NOT recognize Jack Chick as a Christian, but rather as a man who hates.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Sunchild
    Sunchild
    If it makes any difference the majority of Christians do NOT recognize Jack Chick as a Christian, but rather as a man who hates.

*g* I kinda figured that. Unfortunately, morons tend to be a lot louder than sensible people. This often makes their numbers seem greater than they really are.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Bendrr,

It looks like even Jack Chick can get something right every once in awhile.

*Rochelle.

---------

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit