What if the GB hired you as the new CEO of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by kneehighmiah 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Step one - Figure out what the minimum needs to be done to maintain our not-for-profit tax status.

Step two - Develop a marketing campaign that is a feel-good (PR) campaign with no real intent of drawing new members.

Step three - Make no attempt to defend the current teaching but don't discourage the R&F from defending. Ultimately these diehard will die and we can move on.

Step four - Get rid of the elder arrangement, nothing but trouble.

Step five - Secure the finances, grow the religion through smart investing, preferrably through realestate. Buy low sell high.

Wait, this is basically the current strategy.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

As a (reluctant) active JW, I would love to see just about any of these changes take place. But your question is what would I do if the GB hired me as the new CEO. That assumes that the GB would still be in charge, much like a corporate BOD can hire/fire their top executive. So although I would certainly push for reform, I would also have to try to please my bosses (the GB) so that I could keep my phony-baloney job (quote from Blazing Saddles, sorry). And CEO's have learned from fiascos like J.C. Penny's attempt of wholesale change by a new CEO--it almost drove them out of business. Lesson learned: Don't alienate your customer base. So truthfully, if you don't cut the head off of the snake (the GB), very little will change.

• DJS
    DJS

What I would do is shut the entire religion down. But assuming I was going to play along: Stop disfellowshipping. End the blood fiasco. Quit being pharisees and making 'rules' 'near-rules' 'rules-light' 'wanna be rules' 'mini-me rules' 'semi-rules' about everythign freaking thing. Leave people along and let them use their CONSCIENCE. Stop counting time. Start being the loving christian church you are supposed to be. Stop 'marking' people and acting like everyone not turning in loads of 'time' is 'spiritually weak' (I effing hate that phrase).

That's a start.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

1. I would liquidate current assets (real estate) at a massive profit.

2. I would develop new projects using slave labor and absolutely no reinvestment of any money from point #1

3. I would build a multi-million dollar luxury facility in the countryside complete with all the amenities

4. I would continue to encourage a massive influx of capital with no intent of doing any charitable works with it or giving back in anyway

oh, wait......never mind....

• dog is god
    dog is god

I would take the money and run.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit