Lies on the JW.org FAQ section

by EndofMysteries 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Discusting DS...but even more discusting is the " love bombing" that goes with it...one doesnt work with out the other.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I asked my JW friend if they follow Jesus or the 8 men in NY? She denied that there were 8 men in NY.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Your friend is correct faithfulwitness, because they are not men. Not how i define men anyhow...

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

A lot of JW' s are not sure what they believe in the ever changing WT world.

When someone denies that they follow 8 men in Brooklyn it is not necessarily that they are trying to hide or deceive the public as perhaps they have not yet connected the dots.

We have awakened to the lies and hypocrisy and many ones that I know are so indoctrinated and not used to thinking for themselves that they cannot see how the WT has really removed Christ and replaced him with the GB.

As far as the Jw.org FAQs, it's propaganda. The writers are spindoctors.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

R.V.W..." if we have awakened to the lies" there is no reason ( ok statistically i am wrong) but members are becomming less indoctinated. And i am sure each year the newley indoctrinated are less indoctinated.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Ultimately, what's in print is not the real rule....it is what's done in practice that sets the tone. We all know there's the "official" WT rules...and then there's the way things really work in the Org.

Actions speak louder than words.....which makes these JW.Org answers pure tripe....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Awake! 2009 July p.29 (p.28) "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

‘’Do not look for excuses to associate with a disfellowshipped family member, for example, through e-mail.’’ - w2013 1/15, p. 16, para. 19

Spot the difference!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

punk..." spot the difference..." yea i think so :-

A.One quote was from the awake, the other from the watchtower.

B. Four years had elapsed between quotes.

Sadley i its all a game and words written in " Jehovers" magazines, mean nothing to a witness...

• nugget
    nugget

The purpose of the website is to advertise their religion and present themselves in the most favourable light.

The answers lie by omission and the use of the much abused "some people" or "most people" to indicate a viewpoint that has no reference attached to it but sounds authorative is a way of dodging harsh truths. You will always find some people who believe absolute nonsense. Some people believe the Earth is flat, some people believe the Queen is a lizard from space, some people believe in fairies. Just because some people say it it does not make it true.

The truth is Yes they are a cult since the GB in America has the final say on doctrine and failure to comply with these men is grounds for expulsion from the religion.

Yes only JWs are expected to be saved non JWs even children are expected to die. The millions who have already died will be saved is smoke and mirrors.

Yes they shun ex members who no longer believe or whom the elders do not deem to be sorry enough. You cannot leave the rteligion with dignity.

False advertising.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

newhopeandhappiness, I'm not sure that jw's are becoming 'less indoctrinated'. But, they are encouraged to use the internet and probably have easier accessibility to uncovering TTATT. The problem that I see is that occupy are a 'happy' jw( yes, there are happy jw's) you are less likely to awaken. Cognitive dissonance is also what keeps one from realizing and awakening to the lies and hypocrisy.

I think age matters. Older ones have a more difficult time accepting that they have 'wasted' 30, 40, 50 or more years. They hang in cuz the end is gonna come one day...soon...we're one day closer', etc.

But, regarding the JW.org website, the WT is pushing for its usage. JW's no longer offer bibles to householders, they refer them to the website.

Householder has a question, they are invited to look at the website.

The website IS for the public perception ( fresh meat) and for young ones. It is for the friends and family of and for the newly interested.

Look at it this way, if you are looking for a job or joining a dating website, you're gonna present yourself in the best light possible.

Watch Tower business as usual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit