To ALANF, (an apology)

by ThatSucks 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

AlanF, in another thread, you said the following:

quote:
    First I will point out that you are continuing to cop out. Have you no shame? Are you actually unable to realize that your post here confirms my criticism of your comments?

In truth, I realize that I am copping out. Copping out is pretty much what I have done my entire life. Unfortunately, I have no shame, it is all that I know. I have and always will be the "weak" one with nothing of value to contribute to any discussion. I am actually glad that you joined in Alan, as I have a deep admiration and respect for what you do, as well as your intellect. You mention what I have to do to redeem myself, sadly, I am beyond redemption. I am but a lowly ex-jw sympathiser with a lot of zeal and little to contribute. Marvin seems like an apologist for the witnesses to me, perhaps I am wrong, perhaps I am right. Only time will tell.

Anyway, I have taken to heart most of what you have said. And, you are right. I don't think I should be posting here anymore. I don't have what it takes. Having said that, because I respect your opinion that much, I will cease posting to this board.

All of my life I have done the wrong thing for the right reasons, and this appears to be another sad failure on my part. I apologize for pissing you off.

Keep those essays coming Alan, I enjoy every one of them.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Good for you! You've made the right decision.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Naeblis says:

quote:
    Good for you! You've made the right decision.

Thank you. I would encourage all fluff-posters to follow-suit, including you Naeblis.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Hey didn't you just leave?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Marvin seems like an apologist for the witnesses to me, perhaps I am wrong, perhaps I am right.

You are wrong.

The only qualification for involving ourselves in public discussion is that we can fog a mirror, which you can do.

Don’t get down, get busy. Civic participation is one of the most gratifying activities there is. When you post here that is exactly what you’re doing.

If you will allow some help from those of us who are willing to help, let us. If you are concerned about whether I can help or will, ask Alan in private email. My money says you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Then contact me. My email is open.

Regards,

Marvin

• Valis
    Valis
    quote:
    I will cease posting to this board.

Hmmm...too bad that doesn't mean you won't post under another alias...

I never saw Alan attack fluff that was there for fluff's sake, so if you set yourself up for a deconstruction its not anyone's deal but your's.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

It takes a good person to realize a mistake and apologize. I would not leave. Divergent viewpoints are important to free thought, or you become just like the Jws......Stay... but next time contribute in the future based on what you feel AlanF has imparted to you.......

"Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once" - Buckaroo Bonsai

Edited by - thichi on 2 May 2002 19:43:58

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Naeblis: You are correct. I did "just leave", until you opened your big flufy-white mouth. (Or should I say finger?)

Marvin, thank you for your kind words. Since I am usually wrong, I am probably wrong in this case. Thanks for your gesture. Unfortunately, there is no way that you can "help" me, I simply must stop absorbing myself in issues that aren't even pertinant to me in reality. I keep coming on here and sympathising with people in turmoil and I end up making myself look like the fool that I obviously am. I should have ignored my idiot co-workers when they started me down this silly religious path long ago. Instead, I am here.

Now, as I wrap up what is turning into a "poor pitiful me" post, I will end with a big clap of hands for your persistance and seeming sincerety.

Valis: Do you see me putting the blame on anyone here for my actions? Of course not. It's interesting to watch the herd-mentality of certain posters in action. Fascinating to say the least.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

ThiChi:

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately, staying is bad comedy on my part at best.

• AlanF
    AlanF

If you're sincere, ThatSucks (of which I am not particularly convinced), you should not stop posting, but carefully consider your words and keep up with it. But be prepared to be challenged, even strongly. Heat, kitchen and all that. Those who cannot take challenge are likely on the wrong track. I challenge those I have a measure of respect for, but with whom I disagree. I don't usually challenge nincompoops; they're not worth it.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit