How would you answer these questions that came to me in an email through my website? ...

by AndersonsInfo 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

Just my own issue with #11:

If I had graduated high school it would have been in 1984. I didn't because the world was going to end at any second. Why bother putting any effort into something when it's hammered into you that there is no point to it. Anything that I ever wanted to do as an occupation was met with, "oh, we won't need that in the new system."

Some of this is a result of my crazy paranoid schizophenic elder step-dad but hey, he had to get the idea somewhere. I eventually got a couple of associate degrees many years later at the local community college but it would have been nice to see what could have been.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

question 12.

i think in the January 1st 2013 Watchtower there was an article about incorrect dates and i think they likened it to the 'first century disciples, who sometimes looked forward to fulfillment of prophecy ahead of God's timetable. (Luke 19:11; Acts 1:6; 2 Thessalonians 2:1,2)'

without giving the long answer.

in 1971 they said: 'Not alone were the inspired words of Ezekiel prophetic, but he himself was a prophetic figure in his action, as is later shown on occasions. (Ezekiel 24:24) Since Ezekiel himself was a "portent," or "sign" (AV) , of someone to come, and since he was not a type or prophetic figure of Jesus Christ, whom did prophet Ezekiel typify in carrying ou his divine commission?'

on page 66, 'Jehovah has found and commissioned his modern day "Ezekiel." It is a composite Ezekiel. It is composed of those dedicated, baptized proclaimers of God's kingdom, who have been anointed with His spirit for their work.'

To me it seems to be saying they had a different role than the disciples of the first century.

On page 70 'Jehovah would confirm him as a prophet before them by causing what Ezekiel prophesied to come true.'

i think this is an interesting quote on page 216

'Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom.'

(all quotes from the book The Nations Shall Know THAT I AM JEHOVAH- How? 1971 WTB&TS of Pennsylvania)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not trying to be flippand but my answer to all the questions would be: 'You tell me!'

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I don't think this person is sincere at all. It seems like he has provided you with answers and he expects you to get back to the KH.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have to agree with Outlaw and those who doubt this man's honest truth-seeking. He seems to be pretty much committed already . But, in the spirit of helping others , I make a couple of suggestions:

9. As a man, I hate rape and child molestation, but shouldn't there be reasonable evidence to convict somebody of a crime?

"Of course ! and we believe that those best placed to gather that evidence must be the State Authority, not the amateur Congregation Elders. In the spirit of Romans chapt.13 we simply call for the mandatory reporting of all such allegations to the correct authorities ."

15. On the issues of excommunication, there is a scriptural basis as well. Remember 2John 8-11

"The context of the scripture is all important, as well as our understanding of its application. Consider also verse 7. (NWT 2013)

"7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world,those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver an d the antichrist. 8 Look out for yourselves, so that you do not lose the things we have worked to produce, but that you may obtain a full reward. 9 Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God.The one who does remain in this teaching is the one who has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works."

Note that the apostle John was talking about those who refuse to 'acknowledge Jesus as coming in the flesh' . I contend that few of those disfellowshipped for apostasy have done that. The Holy Scripture gives no authority to expell those who refuse to acknowledge the Watchtower Society. Even if one were refused accreditation as a Witness, does that authorise the extreme shunning of intimate family members who can no longer believe (if they live outside of your home)? I do not see that in the Scripture. The original Greek word rendered had a meaning of "rejoicing together" rather than saying "Good morning" . Please see the NWT (Ref. edition) footnote to the verse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit