Time To Pay Up...?

by Englishman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Englishman,
    Thanks for bringing this up.
    Im still learning so much. I had no idea of the cost, if any, to host somthing like this. I will be sure to contribute.

• larc
    larc

Brother Earnest,

I am glad you made a reply. I think we are on the same page on this subject.

• rebelledat12
    rebelledat12

Pardon my ignorance, but what email address does he use for paypal... or some more info please.
    Jessi

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Woohoo, it worked! I could never get it to work over on H20 so now I feel quite pleased with myself. I guess I'm not so computer illiterate after all!

Jessi,
    It really is quite easy. Just click on that payment button at the top right of your screen amd take it from there.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Simon
    Simon

I don't want anyone to feel that the have to contribute - this site would be here no matter what. It does cost somthing to run though and the contributions that are sent do help.

When the forum started the hosting costs were $45 a month but over time we outgrew this and needed more storage space, bandwidth and a bit more reliability (ie. a more dedicated service). We moved to the current host about 18 months ago (I think?) which is a bit more expensive at $199 per month ($159 if I pay yearly) but does offer good value esp. with the bandwidth allowance (40Gb a month). We still have plenty of space at the moment for posts too (about 600Mb used out of 2Gb).

I would rather the burden was shared among more people who just sent a little rather than a few kind souls sending too much so please, if you are going to contribute, don't send too much (unless you're really loaded in which case feel free )

PayPal seems to work well and is one of the few systems that caters for us UK-ers. I use it to accept payments on my website for components I sell as the price of UK based payment processing is too much (about £25 a month plus high percentage fees).

Hope this helps and thanks for the thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit