Circuit Oversneer Says. . .

by piztjw 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Can this joker heal the sick, raise the dead, stop a storm? Yet he's claiming more glory to himself than Jesus ever did?

I suppose his next talk will be entitled, "Be More Humble, Like ME!"

• bigmac
    bigmac

bobbing their heads up and down.

40 years ago it used to amuse me watching those in the audience doing just that. most were older women hanging on each spoken word. i would imagine most have passed on by now.

please tell me modern day young dubs use their brain cells a bit more.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't know about most modern day young Dubs, I fear their brain cells may have been damaged ! really I think most of them realise it is a scam and stay in for social and/or family reasons.

In the Congo I was in the prevailing attitude of Elders and M.S was that most C.O's were either total twits, or a pain in the arse or both, but that they were only with us for three years at most.

Many a time C.O's were called on silly things they said, and one Elder, who I admire to this day for doing it, demanded that a C.O apologise at the C.A for a silly statement, which the C.O did !!!

One C.O told me that the previous one had told him that he was afraid to visit our Congo !

It was this rebel attitude that helped me stay in for so long.

We did have the nodding old sisters though, bless 'em, they thought everything the C.O said amounted to the same as Holy Writ.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sounds like the WT corporation is scraping the bottom of the barrel to get COs. Very few want the job no real benefits to speak of and in the end you might wind up with no money and homeless when you are no longer any use to the the Watchtower Corporation.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Makes me think of Harry Potter's Professor Gilderoy Lockhart in the second movie, the Chamber of Secrets:

Gilderoy Lockhart

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Circuit overseer Helmut Zoebel was instrumental in my leaving the cult. During one of his visits he made the following statements:

Anything you hope for in life will happen...all you need to do is wait. A young person may be eager to drive a car. In time he will reach the age to get his drivers permit and drive. Likewise we may be eagerly waiting for the new system...be patient and the end of this old system will arrive! It's like on a car trip where you think your destination is just passed the next hill...but it isn't...so you keep on driving until you get there. WTF moment! If we wait long enough the only thing guaranteed to happen is that we all die!

If repeated often enough, an inaccurate statement or a lie will eventually sound true. WTF moment had me ask myself where do I hear the same thing repeated over and over and over again? At the Kingdom Hall...ding ding ding we have a winner!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit