New Year Resolution: A new recipe every week

by Simon 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

My daughter and I have been into stir fry. There are so many options. This just worked out well and is vegan.

in a wok, add a drop of coconut oil, a nub of garlic, ginger and then add sprouts, tofu, mushrooms, brown rice, baby corn, water chestnuts, carrots, red pepper flakes, curry. It was soooo good!

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

I am going to try to make the Pasties, they seem to be similiar to the preparation of Puerto Rican Empanadas. Food-Network had a episode about the biggest maker of Pasties, it was interesting to see how they make the dough. You can easily change ingredients and have yourself a Puerto Rican style Empanada, corn-beef empanadas with sour creme, avocado and salsa on the side. I am going to try to make the Canadian version of Pastees, they look good!

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/07/business/cornish-pasty-soares-marketplace-europe/index.html

Corned Beef Picadillo Style Empanadas, try it and you'll love them!

http://theselftaughtcook.blogspot.com/2011/04/pastelillos-de-carne-beef-epmanadas.html#.UusKEPldWSo

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

(Marking for ideas for later)

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Here you go Quelly!

1 medium onion – finely chopped.

1lb potatoes – cooked and diced.

250g cooked (not pickled) beetroot.

340g tin of Corned Beef – cubed.

1 handful of fresh chopped parsley (or ½ that of dried parsley).

1 tsp paprika, black pepper, olive oil for frying.

Tan the onion in oil, throw in cubed beetroot, chuck in the rest and heat thoroughly all the way through. Add a good wodge of butter and brown the edges. (cos they are the tastiest bits!)

Enjoy Quelly!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Tried this on the weekend.

Roast some vegetables in the oven with a little olive oil and salt.

I used courgette slices, red onions chopped, couple of whole garlic cloves, red pepper (capsicum) cut into largish pieces, tomatoes.Takes 30-40 mins.

Cook pasta (I used tortiglioni) and drain.

Blend some mascarpone cheese into the pasta and warm through.

Add roasted veg., mix together.

Serve with a helluva lot of red wine. Delicious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit