Very weird brother.

by quellycatface 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

This might make you either laugh or puke.....

• stillin
    stillin

Nope. I DID sip my coffee, though.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Sorry, pressed the wrong button.

Before I DA'd and I was having a study with this "annointed" brother and his wife, I had a weird experience. Considering I am bipolar, it really freaked me out.

We were talking about persecution one time and he said "can you imagine being eaten alive by dogs?", er no, not something that I've ever thought about mate!!!!

Next time, we were talking about Jesus and Lazarus. He said about Lazarus being in his grave 4 days and asked me what state his body may have been in. YEUGH....Imagine Lazarus rotting in his grave, he said.

Another time, we were studying how Mary became pregnant with Jesus and he seemed quite excited about the intercourse bit. OMG.

One of the many reasons "I got the hell out of Dodge."

His words still haunt me, the peverted old w++ker.

• stillin
    stillin

OK, now I see your point. We had an anointed brother as a CO for a while. He wanted to inject his ideas into everything. And be followed. He didn't want parents to teach their children that Jehovah is "up there" with pointing fingers up. It had pagan roots and we don't know which way to accurately point.

Wish I had gotten out of Dodge, sooner...

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Anointed JW's can be very weird.

BTW.....there is no such thing as an "anointed" JW. It's a Watchtower inspired delusion. The literal number of only 144,000 doesn't fit the number of "true Christians" that could have actually been alive during the Watchtower's timeline. Only 144,000 from Jesus's time until now?.....yeah right. Besides most "anointed" JW's are just too weird. Would a true God of the Universe actually use these weirdos to rule as Kings & Priest over the earth? Most can't even rule over their own life enough to be considered normal.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Sillin,.

As to pointing to Jehovah, I have an app called Star Chart that shows in real time where Alcyon and the Pleides (Messier M45) is located. You move your phone around and it will point the direction to this cluster.

So the next time a child is asked to point to where Jehovah is and I'm present, I will whip out my phone and correct the parent as sometimes M45 is located "through" the Earth.

NJY

• eby
    eby

"He didn't want parents to teach their children that Jehovah is "up there" with pointing fingers up."

Once some friends wanting to show off what they had taught the child asked her, "Where is God?" She promptly pointed to the table lamp. It seems they had a ceiling light when they were teaching her "where is God?"

The parents were a bit embarassed but we all had a good laugh.

eby

• Syme
    Syme

If a person really, genuinely and firmly believes that they're ''anointed'', it is obvious they have serious mental and/or emotional problems.

This is not to be startled of, though. The 2.000-year-old history of Christianity is full of people who had a 'special channel' of communication with God. Many of those (prophets, mystics, fanatics, recluses, monks) were really serious cases.

The only case they *don't* have mental/emotional issues is: (a) they pretend, (b) they are made to believe they are anointed. Example: a Nethinim/Helper in Brooklyn progresses on to be part of the GB. The existing GB imply that he may have the potential. So what does he do? He HAS TO become anointed in order to go up the last step of the ladder. Hence, he is made, or pushed, to believe he's anointed; just as a special pioneer's wife, in order to progress further, is pushed to believe she does not want to have children. (Note that all of the existing 8 GB members are former Nethinim, belonging to the 'other sheep' until (relatively) recently.)

To be fair, the case is similar (if not worse) for other religions as well, such as Pentecost & Evangelical, who *all* profess to be anointed.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Hmm, I can't say I agree with that at all, Syme. First of all, if all the members of a religion claim to be anointed, then it's obviously not something that requires a mental issue, it's simply something that you are expected to say of yourself if you join that religion. Secondly, you don't know what leads a JW to believe they are anointed. Based on my experience with anointed ones, it's not likely to be voices in their head. It's more likely one of either two things: a single epiphanic experience, or a vague but persistent feeling that they are different somehow and that they are closer to God/Jesus than other JWs.

The sort of epiphanic experience I'm referring to could be a hallucination or vivid dream, neither of which requires mental issues to explain. As has been discussed on this forum before, occasionally a healthy person will have a sort of sensory malfunction and see or hear something that isn't there. Some people are more prone to experiencing this than others, however these people are still "normal" and "rational" (as we define those words for humans). This is not to be confused with disorders that can cause hallucinations, like schizophrenia, which have many other effects that can be harmful and disruptive to their thinking.

• jam
    jam

My friends and family (not JWs) today thought I was weird when

I was a JW. Always talking Jehovah this Jehovah that, a complete nut

case. LOL

We all had to be a little weird to wake people on their day off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit