Best way to make friends?

by Jen1 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

I found a lot of very good friends over my hobby. I love to drive muscle cars and there are a lot of people (some in clubs) doing the same. So we meet regularly - talking about cars, eating together, driving around a little together. Also some of us working in our free time on the cars together (rebuilding, repairing).
    Maybe this works also for you.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Hi Jen, I recognize the feeling. Hobbies and things you like to do are a great starting point to find people that might end up becoming your friends.

I'm DF'd for over ten years now and have had a difficult time in finding friends and now I'm starting all over again in a new country, so I'm actually at the same point as you are right now. Questioning "where do I go? What shall I do?" So I've started with Spanish lessons two days ago and planning on being able to communicate with local people here within two months. Then it'll be a lot easier for me to connect with people and maybe I can ask our landlord for some help. He's a very nice guy and his wife is also lovely, we just cannot communicate with them yet. So the language is my first goal and then I'll go out and connect with others.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Volunteering is a great way to meet people. Basically anything that gets you in contact with others is a good thing, a class, work, hobby, etc. I struggle with this , I am a bit on the introverted side, but it can be done. Just put yourself out there and be open to the possibilities, be friendly, ask questions, smile. I was buying fabric and started chatting with the woman helping me, we started talking and now she is a good friend. It takes time, but just keep trying. If one situation doesn't work out, move on, try something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit