Best way to make friends?

by Jen1 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jen1
    Jen1

What is the best way to make freinds while fading.

I have no friends outside jws. And if I tell a friendly jw how I feel, it would not be confidential.

I am thinking of joining a day time group, but what!

I live in a small town. In the past I have seen those who miss meetings/fs have outside friends and interests be seen as bad association, and eventually disfell. and over time move away. BUT those who are at every meeting/hours of fs etc, and have outside friends and interests, just get away with it, because basically of who they are, elders, elders wives, generations of family in so its all ok, not questioned.

Now its 2014 time for me to get a life I am all of a sudden nervous! Guess I know what to do in reality but its so scary for me. I want to be happy have some fun, but not worry about the harsh judgement. How do you cope? I know its very poor me poor me, but born in, and if it was not for the one family member I would just leave!

• Jen1
    Jen1

omg shunned!

• Jen1
    Jen1

wow dfed

• sarah-is-free
    sarah-is-free

play a sport

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

LOL.. Hi Jen 1, welcome.

Do you have classmates or workmates you could have lunch with?

How about volunteering or joining a health club?

Tell us a little about yourself.

Nice to "meet" you. When everyone wakes up i'm sure you will get more responses.

Miss.Fit

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Hi honey. I am also in the same boat. 14 years a JW. I'm quite happy with my own company, in the main but I miss girly chats and going out for drinks etc...!!!

This year, I'm going to join an exercise class and do some voluntary work. I don't know where you are but in my area there is a specific website for voluntary work. You're also "giving back" to the community which is far more christian than what the WT do. This will be a start. Small steps.....

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

Best wishes, QCF

• happy@last
    happy@last

Aw Jen1, don't worry you're not being shunned here. How about having coffee with neighbours, volunteering time to a good cause, joining a club with a hobby?

• Jen1
    Jen1

Just joking!

Thanks for all the advice.

I am thinking about looking into volunteer work. Just need to get some confidence!

I would love to play a sport, but? Maybe join a gym, going to look into that as well.

Its a start!

Take care Jen1 x

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Go back to education :D

Do a 1year intense 'access course' in college for any area you are fond of.... Law, midwifery , engineering, nursing, science, medicine, maths, literature...

Then go to university!

Make friends, a nice life for yourself and a future career! Win, win, win!

• cofty
    cofty

Jen1 - I also like your idea of sport and volunteering.

That's how I met most of my friends.

PS - never be shy about bumping a thread, its easy for them to fall down the list unnoticed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit