next week's bible reading (Gen. 1-5) stumpers.for your "in" family conversations & sly comments.

by prologos 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

You may add many, but here are two:

1) vegetation made on day 3, animals formed day 5,6, but- then

in Gen 2, MAN seems to be the primary creation, and vegetation and then animals were formed from the dust and brought to him to name them. (so this was inspired, inerrant?)

The tree of life was planted too, as part of the Couples regular diet, not forBIDDEN

nor HIDDEN.

2) according to Gen. 3 Humans die because they were CUT off from their official diet, including the tree of life, or to be precise for fear to be CUT by those spinning swords. (may be foils blasting air and them away?) but

wt writers maintain the flawed bread-pan idea, the unjust doctrine of gentic flaw passed on. (daughters punished for the sin of the mother)

so what is it ?, GENETIC FLAW'

with an unjust LAW ?,

or restricted diet, a fruit that's banned, not eaten RAW?

please add better ones.

• losingit
    losingit

I'm sorry, but now that I see that the bible reading is back on Genesis, it reminds me that this would have been my third time through the readings... isn't it 7 years to finish the Bible according to this schedule? That's how I marked time in the bOrg. I got out just before the end of the secobd time through.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Genesis 4:17:  Afterward Cain had intercourse with his wife and she became pregnant and gave birth to E′noch. Then he engaged in building a city and called the city’s name by the name of his son E′noch.

JWs sometimes like to gloat about the supposedly 'satisfying' answer to Where did Cain get his wife? The Watchtower of 1 January 2004 gives a summary (purportedly one of the 'highlights' of the deplorable book of Genesis): "So Cain took one of his sisters or perhaps one of his nieces as a wife." That's right... he married... his sister, or maybe a niece. Ah... what a satisfying answer.

• prologos
    prologos

losing it, yes, but reading it again, even only as the "tale" that it is, is a graet opportunity to show

how shallow the foundation of the THEIST, but particularly WT doctrines really is.

no talking snake, no donations.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Humans die because they were CUT off from their official diet, including the tree of life

JWs cling to the idea that the story of Adam and Eve is literal (most mainstream churches say the story is 'allegorical'). But the JWs still claim that the fruit of the 'tree of knowledge' was symbolic. That is, they say there was actually a piece of fruit, but they try to 'de-magic' the fruit, claiming that eating the fruit 'represented' disobedience rather than a property of the fruit itself. But then they're still stuck with the problem of God supposedly having to prevent them from eating from the other 'magical' tree.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Folks, it's all total nonsense. The entire store of Adam and Eve is as fictional as Star Wars. We are now in 2014.....and some people still insist on believing in fairy tales.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Fair go chaps......

How good were you at taking dictation when the other kids were playing

jtg

• prologos
    prologos

Navitown: right:

of course its non sense, but that is why

it is good to see the believers squirm. and

there will be no relieve until the truth is known

The TaTT.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

How did the serpent get around before he was cursed to crawl on his belly ?

And why curse the serpent if it was a known ventriloquist act ?

jtg

• prologos
    prologos

jonahstourguide, good questions, the deity (not quite all knowing) trying to find the culprit and lashing out at any possible target.

The serpent had free wiil. It should not have allowed itself to be used as a front man(animal)

The evolution (biblical) of the snakes: from vegetarian to dust-eaters (after the voice-over) --to carnivors-(after the flood) dudd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit