Thowing a monkey wrench in jw doctrine

by runForever 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• whathappened
    whathappened

The Bible also says when Jesus returns that every eye would see him. The dubs say they were the only ones who noted Jesus second coming.

How can both be correct? They cannot.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What the WTS. is just a pretentious commercialized fraud exploiting people's emotions, fears and ignorance, via the belief in the bible .......Naaaaa

Jehovah's publishing house would never be involved with that !

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

RUNFOREVER said, "but the bible says AFTER the persecution these things will happen. That's about it."

Sorry RF, you are missing one very important point which JW's will use to refute your logic. Have you not read the INSPIRED writings of the Insight Books? Don't you know that the the Bible writer Luke, although inspired by Holy Spirit, had very unreliable sources for his Gospel account? The Insight book confirms this for us;

it-2 p. 130 Judas

"A comparison of Matthew 26:20-29 with John 13:21-30 indicates that he departed before Jesus instituted the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal. Luke’s presentation of this incident evidently is not in strict chronological order, for Judas had definitely left by the time Christ commended the group for having stuck with him."

Shame on you Luke for what you boasted about in LUKE 1:3 - " I have traced all things from the start with accuracy, to write them in logical order."

Thank goodness we've got the Org to readjust all the faulty chronological information in the Bible for us - otherwise we might start to see things in a false light!! :)

• designs
    designs

Do any End Times teachings make sense.

Are you still under the belief that "God" will bring this world to an end.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I believe there was at least one illustration in a book (Revelation?) that showed Sputnik. There was no mention of it in the nearby text, as I recall, but judging by the painting, they seemed to be thinking along those lines that 88JM mentioned.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Your problem is that the "persecution" HAS already happened to God's Organization. When the first preacher of blood-guilty Christendom refused the first issue of Zion's Watchtower, the "persecution" began. Since then, the rest of the sign is fully evident to those with honest hearts. The "signs in the heavens" was the discovery of Jehovah's throne in the Pleides star system. This truth was declared by J.F. Rutherford, the original FDS, and he was also "persecuted" for declaring clear teachings of truth! Your argument needs work. Don't EVEN think of continuing to post that yellow journalism here as it will not be tolerated!

p.s Don't even get me started on the subjects of "Leviathan" or "Aluminum." GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!!

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The persecution was once identified when Rutherford and his cronies (1918) were arrested and charged with sedition

and conspiracy against the US government.

One thing to realize is that all the supposed signs were very well present in existence when they were written (biblical times)

right up to are modern era.

The persecution of Christians was more than obvious particularly after and following the death of Jesus.

• Island Man
    Island Man

As I recall from other threads, during the Knorr-era, they considered linking "great signs from heaven" to the launch of Sputnik, but had a change of mind and decided not to run with that idea.

Re: Sputnik:

“The powers of the heavens will be shaken,” Jesus continues. He thus indicates that the physical heavens will take on a foreboding appearance. The heavens will not simply be the domain of birds, but they will be filled with warplanes, rockets, and space probes. The fear and violence will exceed anything experienced in previous human history. - The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, chapter 111, paragraph 14

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow, there you go, guys. And it might be the Greatest Man book that I was thinking of, with the painting of a satellite (I said Sputnik before, but it is a distant memory that might be inaccurate).

• 88JM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit