Breaking News - WT Sign for a New Site.

by Slidin Fast 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Bulletin

The WT has signed an agreement subject to ... blah, blah for an 80 acre site near Chelmsford in Essex. They have just though bought new accomodation in Mill Hill.

They intend to keep printing for more African countries.

Thems the facts

• 88JM
    88JM

80 acres? That seems quite a lot - even with new resedential blocks, which will presumably be mostly apartment blocks rather than the plush Mill Hill villas they have at the moment.

Maybe with that much space it will even be a Bethel + Assembly/Kindgdom Hall complex?

What about the presumed exodus of Bethelites in the north London congregations? Won't those congregations be much smaller and with far fewer appointed men? I know they have lots of halls shared by 2, 3+ congregations so maybe they'll be glad for the space though, or they'll just merge. So what about the Chelmsford/Essex Congregations? Are they aware they will be getting a huge influx of bethelites? Will they be splitting up?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Or maybe they will add a wing/complex for the retired JW's? Seems llike they have the space and the money for it. I know that old folks are a financial drain, so probably not. They wouldn't want to do the right thing, would they? Even my uber-JW wife thinks some sort of long-term facility would not be out of order. I tried to explain to her, that it doesn't make sense from a corporate point of view.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

surprised their keeping Mill Hill its worth a fortune, I can see them selling it

• St George of England
    St George of England

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/10408546.Mystery_bidder_buys_14_acre_Hadleigh_woodland/

Could this be it? Total area >80 acres.

As mentioned above, they will surely sell Mill Hill once this is complete and sent the millions back to the US.

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

St George - I really hope that site remains undeveloped, it is an important conservation site.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The area that I am looking at on Google seems to fit this location, on the east side of West Wood. Currently being used for caravan storage.

George

• 88JM
    88JM

I could still see them shutting things down in Mill Hill, even if they are buying new properties there.

One thing to explain that would be if they are wanting to sell the Bethel flats out at Finchley - that would instantly displace a large number of Bethelites, though they will likely be glad to see those flats go, and Bethel will be glad to be rid of the flats as well, and be rid of a source of many London Bethel problems. Buying properties closer to home in Mill Hill will act as a bit of a "buffer" if they sell the flats, and property around Mill Hill is still probably a good investment anyway regardless.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The location would fit with rumours circulating.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Or maybe they will add a wing/complex for the retired JW's? Seems llike they have the space and the money for it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

I needed a good laugh going into the weekend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit