Bible Study and Theo Min School Review---WOW

by DS211 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DS211
    DS211

I skipped 26 in the "Bible (not)" study but heres the rest:

27 How to use the Kingdom Hall Library

If you are enrolled in the school, you may be able to make good use of the Kingdom Hall library when preparing your assignments. The school overseer is in charge of the library. He is responsible for making sure that the latest publications are there and that they are well-arranged. He or your Bible teacher can show you how to find the information that you need. However, no books should be taken out of the Kingdom Hall. And, of course, we want to handle the books carefully and not make any marks in them.

The Bible explains that to find “the very knowledge of God,” we must be willing to search for it “as for hid trea- sures.” (Proverbs 2:1-5) The Kingdom Hall library can help you to start your search.

BEWARE APOSTATES IN nEXT SECTION

What Can Be Found on Our Web Site? 28

Jesus Christ told his followers: “Let your light shine before men, that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens.” (Matthew 5:16) To that end, we are making good use of modern technology, including the Internet. Our Web site, www.jw.org, is the official online source of information about the beliefs and activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses. What does it feature?

The Bible’s answers to commonly asked questions.

You can find the answers to some of the most important questions that people have ever asked. Six of these are answered in the tract Would You Like to Know the Truth? which is available online in about 400 languages. You can also find the New World Translation in scores of languages and a number of Bible study aids, including the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? and the current issues of The Watchtower and Awake! Many of these publications can be read or listened to online or downloaded in audio, PDF, or EPUB formats. You can even print out a few pages to share with an interested person in his own language! Video publications are available in dozens of sign lan- guages. You can download dramatic Bible readings, Bible dramas, and beautiful music to enjoy at your leisure.

Factual information about Jehovah’s Witnesses. Also posted are the latest news and video clips about our worldwide work, events affecting Jehovah’s Witnesses, and our humanitarian relief efforts. You can find notices of upcoming conventions and contact information for our branch offices.

By these means, we are shining the light of truth into the remotest parts of the earth. People from every conti- nent, including Antarctica, are benefiting. We pray that “the word of Jehovah may keep moving speedily” into all the earth, to God’s glory.—2 Thessalonians 3:1.

MOST IMPoRTANT:

A Note of Caution:

Some Internet sites have been
    set up by opposers to spread false information about our organiza- tion. Their intent is to draw peo- ple away from serving Jehovah. We should avoid those sites. —Psalm 1:1; 26:4; Romans 16:17

Now at this point the commenting ensued and one brother says: "well theres these websites opposers create to bash our irganization because they didnt feel justified in the kingdom hall so they start these sites to lure people away from Jehovah God"

Another comment was made from section 26 i found intereseting: "The kingdom hall is the only place to go in our community to worship the true God Jehovah"....if im correct i believe Jesus said anywhere where there are two or more gathered in his name.... Lol k.

Now for the ministry school review:

ill just highlight the ones i thought particularly were interesting:

7. According to 1 John 2:7,8 what commandment is John speaking of as being "old" as well as "new"? (Dec. 9, w08 12/15 p.27 par. 6)

answer: John is speaking about the self sacrificing brotherly love. (John 13:34) He refers to it as old because Jesus gave it 60 years before John penned his first inspired letter. Thus, the believers have had it "from the beginning of their lives as Christians." Its also new because it goes beyond loving ones fellow brother as oneself and calls for self-sacrificing love.

WTF??? To me that does not make much sense...but ok

8. To whom do the titles"the Alpha and Omega" and "the First and the Last" refer? (Rev 1:8, 17) (Dec 16 w09 1/15 30 par.6)

interesting here was that the first and last is Jesus "because he was the first human to be resurrected to immortal life and the last one to be resurrected by Jehovah himself.....where do they come up with this stuff?

9. In what two ways are anointed Christians sealed? (rev 7:3) [Dec 23 w07 p 31 par2]

here a sister says that they are sealed when they were anointed to Jehovahs purpose and the. Finally sealed in time when theyve finished their earthly course and are raised to be spirit creatures in heaven. My eyes glazed over...:-0

10. Why can we be ABSOLUTELY certain that foretild blessings under Kingdom rule will become a reality, and how shoukd we be affected by this knowledge?

Cuz Jehovah said so....Hes aways truthful and it should move us to do more preaching And studying to find out how we can get this blessing......

k then

10 min talk on Help then be stabilized in the faith.

10 min: "Help your child to become a publisher"

10 min in yearbook page 48 par 1-3.

Ok enjoy.....;-)

DS

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

they can teach anything ppl love koolaid

• DS211
    DS211

When the apostate websites thing was read my wife looked at me like "seeeee? Apostate sites baaaad! Jehovah site goood!!"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I skipped.

JW.ORG = Happy..Happy...no thinking, pretty advertisements, obey now..real life is someday..soon....

"Apostate" sites = Thinking, reasoning, fact checking, hard work, personal decision making and accountability, both sides of issues presented, TTATT, life is happening NOW and there are unknows..

DD

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Thanks DS211 - I genuinely laughed at the description of your wife's reaction. Classic, but true!

• DS211
    DS211

"They are there to instill doubts into your mind and lure you away from Jehovah"....you can tell he hasnt been on the sites.

"opposers who dont feel justified in the congregation"= people who dont want to do what the society teaches....but he doesnt know is that they are telling true stories and showing true things strughr from the publications....ignorance at its finest.

• KateWild
    KateWild

When the apostate websites thing was read my wife looked at me like "seeeee? Apostate sites baaaad! Jehovah site goood!!"- DS

Thanks for the extra info, I missed that when I was prepping yesterday, just goes to show how isidious the BOrg are, I need to really concentrate on the material. Btw Thanks for the KM DS, it's stopping my attendance and so is your thread.

I will see if my son picked up on this. I will also show him my thread on apostates on this "other" JW site, i am sure he will laugh at some of the satire posts. DD especially sarcastic indeed. Kate xx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/269056/1/Do-you-think-JWs-know-what-apostates-really-are#.UsbLnfRdW8A

• Honesty
    Honesty

How could i have been so stupid?

Reading and listening to shit like that is enough to drive anyone crazy.

• DS211
    DS211

My wife kept prompting me to comment lol...i never did.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I can almost smell it.the unique smell of regurgitated b##lshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit