Ten Year Ex-JW Anniversary

by Amazing 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

This is it! Friday, May 1st, 1992, I drove my kids to the motel we stayed at for the Circuit Assembly in Woodburn, Oregon. I told them that I was not going to attend the Assembly at all. On Saturday morning, May 2nd, I dropped them off at the front of the Assembly Hall, making this the very first day where I ceased going to meetings.

Driving away from Woodburn, I headed to the beach at Lincoln City, Oregon where I took time to walk a long beach - alone - enjoying the wind breeze through my hair - the sand move between my toes - the sea gulls chanting and squeaking - the steady roll of the waves - the gentle roaring sound as they cascaded onto the shore – and an occasional sip of scotch.

It was the first day of the rest of my life ... the beginning of having my life back ... the beginning of personal freedom of the mind and heart.

Today, ten years later - I still can feel the fresh breeze and the sand ... and I have no regrets, no doubt, no fear ... I need not look back anymore. I wish a happy life to everyone!

"Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last." - Dr. Martin Luther King, jr.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Congratulations on then years of freedom.

You beat me. I didn´t leave until June 21, 1992. The most significant day of my life.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I forgot to record my DF date but it was in August of 1990. I'm happy for you because I too know the feeling of freedom. It is good to see that you're doing so well. How long did it take you, if at all, to get over the WTS? It took me 10 years to completely shed any semblence of WTS in my self.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Happy Anniversary Amazing!!!!!

Its great to be out.

• Simon
    Simon

Way to go Amazing!

You've accomplished a lot getting yourself and your family out and I imagine inspired a lot of others to do the same - I know I have really enjoyed reading your life story and accounts that you have posted here.

I hope you and your family continue to enjoy this wonderful world and your future life!

To freedom !

• Undecided
    Undecided

I didn't have a clean break, I just drifted away, married a worldly girl with children, then had one of my own and have enjoyed the freedom since. That was 28 years ago in '74. Only recently have I cleared my head of all the cult influence that was left over.

I can now discuss JWs with worldly people without the restrants I once had, I can tell it like it really is. I didn't really realize how much of the JW's indoctrination was stuck deep down in my being untill my venue on this discussion board. Thanks to you all!

Amazing, glad you got your life back.

Ken P.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

All right! Sure glad you post here............

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

Congratulations on a happy 10 years!

j.

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

Amazing:

Happy Anniversary!

Your story is a source of hope and inspiration for me and, I'm sure, others with family in the organization. Keep up the good work. Thanks for all you've done and continue to do. And may you keep feeling the breeze and the sand.

CPiolo

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Congratulations on your 10-year Anniversary Amazing.

I have determined you are an intelligent, wonderful individual from the content of your posts.

Im soon approaching my 1-year Anniversary.

Here's to another 10 wonderful years for you!

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit