My mother is here

by mzmmom 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Great news. God bless you both.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I read a lot of very sad and even tragic things on this board, but none has broken my heart quite like this thread. Seeing the converstation...the goodbyes...I'm so sorry you both are going through this pain. so sorry.

I really wish the daughter and the mom here the best and hope that one day they can know each other again.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

This is quite confusing. The first post she did is about her mother shunning her and no communication for the past 20 months. Then her mom posts how she has been lurking this site for the past 20 months. Her mom's post almost made it seem like her daughter is shunning her though.

So my question, is her mom still shunning her? Did her mom wake up the past 20 months and is 'now' trying to stop/make up for the shunning?

Anybody figure out what exactly is going on?

• jgnat
    jgnat

My take is that the mom is feeling regrets but is expressing them poorly. The daughter does not trust this sudden reversal. A great deal of repair is needed. The mom only registered a few days ago, so who knows if she has been lurking/watching for the past twenty months or not?

Grandchildren are a stunning pull on the old heart-strings, I can tell you.

Both women would have to do considerable work to overcome past hurts and to rebuild trust. The mom can't expect instant chicken soup out of this mess.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

A mother should have a bond for a child that is far stronger than what any religious leader dictates to them.

I have the greatest respect for you JWfacts, it's too simplistic though to believe the above. The WTBS is a master at convincing mothers that the actions they promote are the absolute BEST for the children they love so dearly. They completely convinced me that my kids lives were at stake and I am a strong intelligent woman. I took a stand against them when my daughter was disfellowshipped because she was struggling with depression and I felt regular contact was necessary. Nevertheless, the WTBS has damaged my whole family, probably irretrievably. We are all very hurt. It's all too easy to blame mothers. Let's lay the blame where it belongs.

As to this thread: love is precious, the love between mothers and children is the most precious, please both fight to preserve it? Do it with forgiveness and compassion.

Loz x

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think their is great prospect for reconcilliation between mother and daughter here so long as neither of them lets pride get in the way.

Reading between the lines , seems as though mother is waking up to TTATT , but because of other family members is keeping a low profile .

I hope they get together , kiss and make up .

All the best to you both

smiddy

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Lozhasleft A mother should have a bond for a child that is far stronger than what any religious leader dictates to them.

I have the greatest respect for you JWfacts, it's too simplistic though to believe the above.

I'm sorry if anyone took the comment as a personal insult, as that was not intended. We are all aware of how powerful the mind control is. In this situation the mother sounds as if she is becoming aware of issues with the religion, and so it is time to humby undo the damage that has been done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit