The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

That is a lie I never link to your ridiculous cult forum.

Your cult is predicated on the notion of pagan dualism. All that is physical is bad and spirit is good. Therefore humans were created as spirits and only became physical as a reuslt of sin.

It is a nasty, anti-life dehumanising cult. It has echoes in the equally stupid cults of Mormonism and Scientology.

Please stop spouting it on this thread.

• tec
    tec

That is a lie I never link to your ridiculous cult forum.

You want me to show you where you link to it? You link to it to decry it or mock it or mock me or someone else of faith in the Spirit ... but you do link to it. But you don't need to take my word for that. I'll go find one such thread and post from you.

Still, I am sure that you will not retract your false accusation that I have lied.

One such place is your post 8658 on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/265293/1/Come-take-the-free-gift-of-the-water-of-life#.Us3NiRwsyqV

Your cult is predicated on the notion of pagan dualism. All that is physical is bad and spirit is good. Therefore humans were created as spirits and only became physical as a reuslt of sin.

Not at all. Don't think or even believe anything of the sort. Not in the slightest.

Faith in the Spirit (Christ) is also not a cult, nor is a discussion forum a cult. Just a forum.

It is a nasty, anti-life dehumanising cult. It has echoes in the equally stupid cults of Mormonism and Scientology.

You don't seem to be getting anything right about my faith, pretty much ever... so you will forgive me if I don't pay this rant any heed?

You also don't follow your own rules about backing statements up with facts.

Please stop spouting it on this thread.

Didn't, despite your rant here. Just gave a response to your questions, same as anyone else.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

* must correct something I posted. I doubt you have linked to my forum as much or more as I have in the past year and a half. I don't actually have a clue how many times you or I have done so. I very much hold people to their word though, so I need to make sure that I am careful about what i say also. I am sorry that my words implied otherwise.

Peace,

tammy

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

So from what has been posted it seems that athiests cannot see any evidence of a god when 250,000 people were killed by the 2004 tsunami.

Believers on the other hand say that you need to ask god for holy spirit, then you get special knowlege(understanding) via holy spirit to "see" god's divine hand/plan above this horror.

True?

• cofty
    cofty

Evidence-based thinking and reason versus faith-based thinking.

You know have hit bedrock when "it's a mystery" emerges as the favourite answer.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yes Cofty that is why I pressed Eden One via his sarcasm. A good intelligent man but he cannot see the delusion in his goal post shifting belief.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I have to ask how most of you even have energy to debate or even talk about this.

It just seems so tiring

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

LOL It's for the lurkers. If I recall correctly, there have been a few who posted on here thanking all for helping them in their decision making (or whatever).

• cofty
    cofty

For me it was the topic that prompted me to think more objectively about my faith.

Debating it in this way allows believers to offer their best answers to the question.

We have tried out many possible answers and tested them to see if they actually make sense in the face of reality. So far they have all failed.

The thread has had over 15 000 views so it is to be hoped that the contrast between rational thinking and faith-based thinking has been helpful.

I will make a new updated and improved summary soon.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I have to ask how most of you even have energy to debate or even talk about this.

To each his own, but for me this really does matter, also I find the dicussions very interesting. Being raised a JW it is clear that wierd religious ideas sadly still continue to dupe so many even in this scientific age. The problem is this thinking is still a threat, and seeps into our lawmaking process and affects our rights and future potential as a species. Even now, we have this ridiculous Tea Party trying to bring us back to the 1700s and bring elements of their special brand of theocracy into our government. This thinking is something that needs to exposed and discussed in an open way like this so that people can see it for what it is and make better decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit