The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• Viviane
    Viviane

Viviane, just ignore everything I write, and I'll do the same for you, m'kay? Problem solved.

You're free to do as you wish.

• Viviane
    Viviane

You have taken over my role as a sarcastic wise ass. I'm impressed; you are better than I at it. I will have to re-double my efforts. Spot on and well done.

Broken clock, twice a day, etc.. It's a big world, we can tag team this. No one is on top of their game every time.

• cofty
    cofty

That can't leave many people who are reading your posts Adam.

I don't suppose none were willing to play a fixed game where the house is predestined to win?

Apart from the grammatical errors - there is no fix, just a request that for once we stick to a specific topic. By the way the topic isn't how Adam is cleverer than everybody else.

Nothing would make me happier than a theist with a reasonable answer.

• Viviane
    Viviane

As shown 1+1 = 1 then addition is not a funtion that can be used to combine the effects of two actions of perfect love. The function which controls perfect love action can only be 1x1=1

You didn't actually show this mathematically or explain why. You just said it. In the world of math, you must have proofs.

It also is true that an action of perfection can only be nullified by the opposite action, and therefore a non action which by definition is nothing can not have any effect on the perfect action.

See above.

As shown 1+1 = 1 then addition is not a funtion that can be used to combine the effects of two actions of perfect love. The function which controls perfect love action can only be 1x1=1.

So this proves that the funtion in this problem is the product of the two actions.

You didn't show it or prove it, you just said it. Can you actually show it or demonstrate a proof?

• Viviane
    Viviane

But I see Bart has already offered an interesting argument using classical symbolic logic to support his claim, based on the principle of God's 'perfect love'.

Interesting if you don't understand logic or math.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Ahhh, Cofty won't allow that kind of thing, since he's already said people have to legitimately believe in their position in order to argue the theist position (you can find his words from a week ago or so, but he said something like "true theists only", and how he's not playing games).

You don't speak for Cofty. Strawman fallacy by you.

BTW, I can't figure out where all the "true theists" went? I don't suppose none were willing to play a rigged game where the house is always pre-destined to win?

Maybe they saw how poorly you were doing at logic and went home?

• Viviane
    Viviane

OT, I know, but getting my hair done and having a few drinks makes me saucy.

• cofty
    cofty

Non action = 0

For an omnipotent, omniscient deity who created the world with tsunamis, non-action is not zero.

-1x-1=1

In simple arithmetic but not in morality.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As in, a new baby does not replace a dead one?

• Viviane
    Viviane

-1x-1=1

In simple arithmetic but not in morality.

Actually, not even in simple algebra. 1*-1 = -1.

He tried to do a mathematical proof and blew up on the simplest thing of all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit