The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

DJS: I really liked your first reply to Zed.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Miss.Fit,

And then DJS showed his true colors on his second response. Not only was he totally off-base calling me a uneducated chimpanzee, but he pissed me off by accusing me of being a BELIEVER! I would much rather be an uneducated chimpanzee.

And both sides are a bunch of pompous twits trying to impress each other. I am not impressed.

zed

• cofty
    cofty

both sides are a bunch of pompous twits trying to impress each other - Zed is .....?

In this thread we have discussed at length how the violent and capricious deaths of a quarter of a million people can be reconciled with christian theism.

We have looked at lots of different arguments and debated whether they are adequate. Many people have commented how helpful this has been to them.

Obviously this is not interesting to you but you had to post to tell everybody who took part in the discussion that they are "pompous twits".

What a dullard.

• KateWild
    KateWild

What a dullard.-cofty

cofty why do you have to resort to name calling? You have a high IQ and it just ruins your credibility. Please stop with the name calling, it's not respectuful to lurkers.

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

It was measured and entirely appropriate.

I only ever insult in cold blood.

• KateWild
    KateWild

It was measured and entirely appropriate.-cofty

I am afraid I disagree, when I was a lurker, I was very intimidated by you. However, you have never called me names or been rude to me, you have always been respectful and understanding of my personal struggle to exit the cult. IMO name calling is never appropriate, but if you feel it was called for that is your perogative.

Kate xx

• DJS
    DJS

Kate,

Would you prefer that we sprinkle our comments with kindness? I can do so, albeit dripping in sarcasm. Some on this forum, too many IMHO, are so close to the evolutionary bottom of the food chain in their thinking and analytical ability that it makes it difficult to enjoy. You and others criticize our 'arrogance', but the real arrogance comes from those interjecting feeling/believing/perceiving nonsense into a serious discussion with no other motive than to draw narcisstistic egoistic attention to themselves. Igroring them is certainly an option. Refuting them is a waste of time and has already been done. IMHO, and I am essentially a very nice, calm, kind, generous, sensitive person, such ones need jolted into reality. If it stings it stings. They have had enough time to learn to think rationally and analytically. If they choose to hang onto superstitions and such, fine. There is a place on this and other forums for them. I don't go into their coffee talk chat arounds and contaminate their conversations, nor do I interject narcissistically in an attempt to hijack their theist/JW conversations.

If they can't show the same humility, it is what it is and they get what they deserve. If Cofty intimidated you perhaps that is not necessarily a bad thing. Look inside yourself and find out why. And I will stop referring to such as chimps when they quit acting like chimps. And I apologize once again to any chimpanzees I may have offended.

The last thing I would suggest is that not everyone saying nice things to you is your friend and not everyone saying stern things to you is your enemy.

• kassad84
    kassad84

well... wow.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Kate I really like you and mostly agree with you but Zeb had it coming. Cofty was very judicious in his remarks. He explained why he called Zeb a dullard. I looked it up in the thesaurus and trust me that was the least offensive discription.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

DJS may have left the religion, but you can't take the "self-righteous elder" out of him.

zed the chimp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit