The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

1) Do you believe we have every fact necessary to reach a logical conclusion on this matter? YES/NO

2) Do you accept the possibility that there are factors involved that we are not capable of grasping? YES/NO - flamegrilled

1 - Yes

2 - No. There is no possible factor that could turn the murder of a quarter of a million people and the devastation of a further 5 million into an act of love.

• cofty
    cofty

The sky within this artist frame of reference (which he tolds upward to the heavens) cannot give a complete picture - Caliber

So tell us exactly what we are missing.

Endlessly repeating that god has his reasons but never saying what those reasons are is not an argument.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

What's your definition of murder? And who said the tsunami was an act of love?

Your logic seems very loose to me.

• cofty
    cofty

the topic is framed too tight - Caliber

What exactly would you like to add to the discussion?

That is not an invitation for one of your bloody sermons!

• cofty
    cofty

Flamegrilled I will get back to you on that one in a few minutes, I am working through in order of posting. Almost there.

• besty
    besty

The Bible = what God says

The Tsunami = what God does

any questions.

• besty
    besty

@flamegrilled

the fact remains that we CAN conceive of a circumstance whereby it seems irrational to reconcile the loving nature of a higher being from the viewpoint of a being that has more limited ability to assess the true facts .

please run that by me again with an example, assuming we both agree on the standard definition of a fact ie. that which can be demonstrably proven to be an accurate reflection of reality

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

besty - I did it several pages back with the anaology of a domestic animal unable to comprehend why a loving owner might inflict pain on it

(sorry I don't know how to link to specific previous comments)

• besty
    besty

and that applies how to wiping out 250k humans?

speculate please on what might be the 'true facts' we can't comprehend from the Tsunami? or you can decline to speculate if you prefer.

• caliber
    caliber

) Do you accept the possibility that there are factors involved that we are not capable of grasping? YES/NO - flamegrilled

No. There is no possible factor that could turn the murder of a quarter of a million people and the devastation of a further 5 million into an act of love. ~~ cofty

murder

"the killing of a human being by a sane person, with intent, malice aforethought (prior intention to kill the particular victim or anyone who gets in the way) and with no legal excuse or authority ."

Please tell me you are just exaggerating to make a point... if not what was God's malice towards these people ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit