wife and family get a sheperding call.

by Crazyguy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My wife is so gone WT style, she only listens to their music and ofcourse eats up every WT study mag and answers at every meeting. There no waking her up at this time , her head is to far in the sand. And I'm sure this is some of the reason why she's having a hard time. They can't prove me wrong and if anytime she has asked me anything bible related I have nicley and using scriptures proved my point and blown up thiers. That's got to be messing with her head. And as for texting her , I do this because she will not talk to me face to face, she keeps things bottled up . But texting she does not.

• jgnat
    jgnat

So what are some of her characteristics separate from the WT stuff? What does she care about, dream about? Perhaps you can text her that.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Crazyguy, I'm sorry that you are going through so much frustration communicating with your wife right now. Could it be that she is afraid that you are too good contradicting the WTBTS's doctrines and therefore causing her cult persona too much cognitive dissonance?

If you still love your wife, what would you do to prove that you love her? How would your wife respond to you texting her, "I love you and want to go on a date with you to have fun together without talking about the WTBTS. I will not put down the WTBTS if you do not talk to me about WTBTS teachings. Life is too short to waste it not talking and sharing our lives together."

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

CG: My wife feels like she some how is the victim in all this while my corpse is still rotting on the pole.

You're not crazy!

This religion deliberately cultivates a Victim Mentality among its adherents.

It's just one of the many manipulative control tactics they have in their toolbox of evil.

That being said, you should listen to the advice you're getting on this thread, in particular JGNAT's comments are golden!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You guys are all right about what I should be doing. I have been as loving to my wife as I can be. Don't bad mouth the WT and even when i sat down with my kids and her and told them I'm DAing i didnt go into details about why and then used one of their Awake mags to talk about staying togther as a family. So I think I'm dong my best under the conditions. It just pisses me off when I'm thinking that behind my back the elders and her may be marginalizing me to my kids and possibly making me out to be the bad guy in all this. So when I see that shes meeting with the elders or talking with my kids before I did about DAing it just pisses me off to no end. Theres nothing worse then being right and the one telling the truth, and your the one that the authorities (so to speak) are telling everyone is the guilty, lieing, Evil, scum bag.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

So while I'm symbolicly burning at the stake for hericy, my wife is getting consoled by the very priests that lit the match

Are the elders consoling her when you are not present? Their role is to be only (spiritual) counselors, not (emotional) confidantes. Quoting the society's policy manual (emphasis is mine):

"Usually it is best to have both mates present. If only one is present, discuss only what he or she can do to improve the situation."

"It is important never to meet alone with a sister who ... is in a delicate emotional state."

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm glad to hear that, Crazyguy. Your reaction reminds me of how many react when they find out their partner has been unfaithful. They get mad at the third party! Your main issue is your wife feeling alone with no-one to confide in. The two of you will be much happier if she can depend on you and you likewise. So work on her; not for the betrayal but how you can support each other.

No more quoting of WT stuff to her. Try and reach her heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit