wife and family get a sheperding call.

by Crazyguy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

So while I'm symbolicly burning at the stake for hericy, my wife is getting consoled by the very priests that lit the match. Doesn't get much more ironic then that does it? I don't know how much longer I can take this. My wife feels like she some how is the victim in all this while my corpse is still rotting on the pole. Sorry for the rant but I texted her last night that she's my Judas I know that's harsh but every time I hear she's been talking to the elders I just want to go postal.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

She could be pressured by those elders? Is it possible they are causing this to get at you? She may be just an unwitting pawn in their game.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It pays to get your wife on your team first.

Oh, well, that's all and done with.

Can you understand her panic? As in, how you might have felt before you woke up if she had suddenly left?

If it is any consolation, Angharad turned Simon in to the elders, too. When she witnessed how the elders had no answers to Simon's earnest questions, she woke up herself.

What's with texting? Using extreme language? Do you want a divorce or what? With emotionally-laden subjects, it has to be in person, gently, holding her hands and looking deeply and lovingly in to her eyes.

Decide how important your marriage is in all this and consider regrouping. First order of business is getting your wife on your side and that is going to take gentleness, finesse.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

At your house? I hope not.

Didn't you DA?

Also texting stuff like this is passive aggressive, not manly.

If you got somthing to say, say it to her face.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. (18 months ago) I overheard my (soon to be X) telling an elder that she would divorce me after i helped her move to texas. Didn't quite work out as she planned.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Crazyguy, just give your wife room and don't worry when elders are trying to help her. You da'd, so everyone knows your position feelings now. As for your wife this situation is not easy. Be kind and gentle towards her.

Jgnats advice is good.

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

Totally agree with getting your wife on your side.

Good thing you can rant here.

You wife is probably being flooded with what she perceives as compassion and understanding from the elders and others close to her.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Your wife is being love bombed , you need to love bomb her more .

smiddy

• Jen1
    Jen1

Sheperding calls are hell. They question you and want to know everything about you and whats going on in your life.

Some elders are worst than others and push and push.

Once in your home if you do not answer the questions they ask the same question in a different way.

Some start off sweet and nice, we feel you are doing so well in this area....few scriptures and sweet talk BUT could you do better in this area few scriptures and not so smiley, then how are you coping things seem difficult for you in this area, whats going on..what are your problems...we want to help you, the congregation wants to help you, we are sad for you blah blah blah.

They judge you as going against jw org if you do not seem cooperative, even if you kindly say you do not want to talk about private things, they push.

They tell their wives everything.

Does your wife want out? Be kind to her either way.

My husband and I are dodging sheperding calls right now.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sure, the irony is ridiculous.

We see it, and pray that maybe your wife will one day also...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit