Elders book....margin notes not copyrighted!

by snare&racket 18 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Enjoy the surf brosef!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Here's a few notes from 8 years ago. Not sure if there's been update(s) since then...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/im-back%2824%29?page=1&size=20

(Scroll down a bit and you will find a few scans.)

-Aude.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Really good thread Snare,

I have a friend that was df'd at the same time as me, but now RI'd. I have sent her the elders book and we chat about that now and then. The stuff the get at elders schools and the quotes in the margin would be golden. I agree it might help ones who have doubts.

Now that she is in and I am out, our relationship is straned by the cloak and dagger nature of it all. Sometimes I just feel like shunning her and cutting them all off even though they love me, they will not accept I don't want to get RI'd ever there is no purpose.

I feel emotionally torn but if she has doubts this stuff in time could help her leave.

Thanks Snare, I hope someone will post their notes.

Kate xx

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

OK... Looks like my previous link is bad...

This one should work: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/110725/1/Im-back#.UsE0w0reTQI

Scroll to the bottom of the first page and you find some of what you are asking for.

-Aude.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Awesome Aude, hope it helps someone xxx

Also, nice bike! I had a CBR 600F that i customised with the HM PLANT honda panels and a GSXR 600.

I had to give them up due to issues of coinage, specificslly insufficient coinage! But occasionally I am to be found working the medic tent at the British Superbikes and Moto GP (and F1).

Happy riding and thanks for the notes ;) x

• KateWild
    KateWild

Aude,

Excellent I have exactly what I need, when I see my friend. There is a point about those who speak to DF'd people and continue to do so must be expelled. This is pure CULT control and has nothing to to with keeping the congrgation clean or chrislike qualities.

Kate xx

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

At least in Europe it seems widely be accepted that you may quote any literar work as long as you keep it short and refer to original source. To those handwritten notes there are two categories in my understanding. Are you just writing down what you heard in a presentation or are you making personally thought notes that raise the bar to individual piece of literar work? To be able to quote to those handwritten notes in correct way you should be able to refer to the originator of that note, Brother Smith stated this in his speech on.... Brother Warren states in his notes that..... . By default those notes are equally copyrighted but obviously the originator do not need to be the one writing them down.

CP

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have a copy of the 1991 book with marginal notes, but haven't seen any Fleece the flock books with any marginal notes - yet!

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

I had a bunch of notes in my margins, But I did not expect to be deleted when I met with the Brothers on that night, they asked right there for my book.

Blind sided!

It is standard procedure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit