Glaring Mistake In RNWT And Todays WT

by piztjw 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

The name game of the NJ is interesting, because

what are the names of the 12 gates? 12 tribes of Israel? the list of Rev. 7 ? or the previous different ones?

Rev. was supposed to be revealed in 0098?

by then the name of Judas should have faded into infamy? like Jezebel?

• OutNotByDoubt
    OutNotByDoubt

how long do you think it will be?

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

When in 367 CE, Athanasius included Revelation in his Canon of Scriptures, he did so because Emperor Constantine liked the book. But despite this, its rocky road of rejection and acceptance continued for further centuries.

Should it be included today in the NT? In practical usage, it would not matter to 99.9% of Christians if the book was dropped. It is not part of their practical Canon.

Doug

• piztjw
    piztjw

Yes, I saw the word "faithful", and left it out intentionally.

That is why Judas Iscariot, not to be confused with the other Judas, is said to have been judged worthy of the "second death". However, the choice by lots of Matthias raises some questions. Did the apostles pray before casting lots? If so does that indicate that HS was involved? If God's HS was involved then why the need to choose Saul? Did HS make a mistake, like in the appointment of some eldurrs today? If there are only twelve foundation stones which of the thirteen faithful apostles is thrown to the curb? It seems to me that every time the WTB&T$ says one thing it raises three or four more questions.

As to the generation cross reference it is (Matthew 23: 36). . . "Truly I say to YOU, All these things will come upon this generation."

The cross reference is to (Exodus 20:5). . .You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers (ONE generation) upon sons (SECOND generation), upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me. . .

That indicated in their NWT that a generation was exactly that ONE generation. In their RNWT that cross reference has been deleted. Can't have intelligent, thinking people finding that, now can they? Soon it will be forgotten and the new two overlapping, soon to be three generation explanation will be all that will be known.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Why not include Judas Iscariot as one of the 12 foundations stones? He was faithful for a while wasn't he? So the word "faithful", like so many other WTBTS words, can have have whatever meaning the WTBTS says it should have! Same with some of the Bible books. King Solomon proved to be an "apostate" of gigantic proportions, yet the Bible books that HE wrote (under inspiration?) are part of; "all scripture....inspired of God and beneficial". WTBTS explaination is that Solomon wrote HIS books while he was still 'faithful'. (banging 700 concubines and hundreds of wives...'faithful' to what?) So using that line of reasoning, maybe Judas Iscariot's name was engraved on the stone while he was still 'faithful'. Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Piztjw:

Thanks for the reference to the deleted cross ref.

Take Care

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Luke wrote, that Judas Iskariot left AFTER the meal (Luke 22:19-21) . For JW-thinking this could not be. So Luke must be wrong.

Look at insight-book "Judas":

"Immediately Judas left the group. A comparison of Matthew 26:20-29 with John 13:21-30 indicates that he departed before Jesus instituted the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal. Luke’s presentation of this incident evidently is not in strict chronological order, for Judas had definitely left by the time Christ commended the group for having stuck with him; that would not fit Judas, nor would he have been taken into the “covenant . . . for a kingdom.”—Lu 22:19-30."

This was some month ago an eye opener for me. GB tells us, Luke is not in strict chronological order.

Luke 1:3:

" I resolved also, because I have traced all things from the start with accuracy, to write them to you in logical order, most excellent The·oph′i·lus..."

(there is a nice thread here on jw-net about this point - I just can not find. )

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

FastJehu:

Here and here are some additional thoughts about the subject of Judas and the Memorial.

Take Care

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ Bobcat

Thanks a lot for the links. This point is now even mory clearly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit