If Watchtower is not on terrorist watch list ... should it be?

by wannabefree 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

BotR "No, they should [not] be observed by governments."

Thank you for your input. I just posed a question that I was pondering, thanks for your opinion. (I assume I was correct by including the word not in brackets.)

I don't think you can really compare them to the Catholic Church though. I think many Catholics are very independent in their thinking and couldn't care less what Rome said ... plus the Catholic Church does have a seat with the United Nations and Vatican City hosts Embassies of other nations.

My point is simply the characteristics ... I am not drawing any conclusions or implying terrorism in any way.

Facts. Watchtower is an apocolyptic cult. They have adherents throughout the globe. All congregations, all members are controlled by a group of men in one central location. (The Catholic Church does not exercise this kind of control in this day and age.) Members are so controlled that they will disown even the closest family members if they are expected to do so by the organization. They obey God as ruler rather than men, and these men in New York are God's spokesmen. The organization is selling off property in Brooklyn and relocating to a rural complex complete with underground construction. The organization has recently made comments about circling the wagons, or closing ranks, and telling members how they should be ready to obey possible future instructions that may seem unusual (paraphrasing).

Having been an "insider", a JW, I have no suspicion of the JW Organization, but if I was an outsider, I wonder if I would think there were enough characterstics to at least look into them and monitor.

With these facts, wouldn't that be a pattern that would bring the Organization on the radar?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Not in America. Not anyplace that has freedom of religion as a goal. Some Roman Catholics are independent. Most are not. There is a Vatican Bank that has long been involved with misdeeds. There are even more controlling religions. The Amish and Hutterites come to mind. The Wt is not a threat that needs to be watched by government. My mother suffered during the years it was monitored. The Supreme Court gradually rethought what the First Amendment meant.

I don't want someone who is a child expelled from high school. Altho an annnoyance, I don't want Witnesses to sit in jail for going door to door. Altho I was not alive, my parents and grandparents were during government intervention. Civil rights and liberties should be respected.

Thankfully, I do not know a responsible government official today who would call in agents to monitor the WT. Ignoring the WT is the best policy. I am an American. We no longer play by those rules. Religions have rights. Teaching critical teaching skills in elementary schools is a more effective way to stop the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit