If Watchtower is not on terrorist watch list ... should it be?

by wannabefree 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I personally don't consider the Watchtower Organization to be a violent group with terrorist motives ... however ....

The control of this organization is quite astonishing and they do have a network to be envied by any terrorist group.

Cedars' impending judical committee brought the reality of this to my mind.

While the Organization may be peaceful as far as worldly involvement goes, consider what they are able to accomplish globally. If you are a part of the religion and you choose to mess with them, they will find you, they will have their representatives deal with you, they control how even your closest family members will treat you if their allegiance to the Organization is strong.

Governments of the world have borders, and while they may have covert ways of dealing in other lands, all loyal JW's, all over the world, are controlled by 8 men in New York. What is said from New York is as good as coming from God to loyal JW's and is not filtered by any worldly authorities, no diplomatic channels.

Certainly, JW's are mostly good and peaceful people, but what a potentially global sleeper cell it could be in the hands of desperate men.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Add to this the recent comments from the Organization to close ranks, to be ready to obey even if what they are told to do seems unusual, the relocating of headquarters to a complex in a rural area.

All of these may have nothing to do with any kind of future seditious act, but one would think that flags would be out there that would bring them under some kind of observation by authorities.

• rmt1
    rmt1

If they had control over, interferred with, or could intimidate parties that were in control of oil or some natural resource, they'd be worth government intervention like the 1% doctrine. As it is they are only in violation of human rights. The U.S. generally doesn't get involved in a land war solely to right a violation of human rights, but it will absolutely use that as a pretense to go after parties interfering with natural resources. And that's what sets Jehovah's people apart - they're really only dangerous to themselves, which with today's saturation of technology, is a feat of mind-control. They are comprehensively irrelevant, tangentially orbiting every issue, and catastrophically wrenching every frame of view into a universe centered upon themselves in time and space. The U.S. doesn't step in unless something they are doing makes the U.S. look bad or diverts money/resources. I can't think of anything that rises to the level of the 2013 definition of """"terror"""", although that definition will probably expand one day to include dissent.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They are not a terrorist group. Cedars' JC is not the equivalent of September 11th or the Boston bombings. It does rank with the guy with the shoe bomb that was restrained and tied up by other passengers until the FBI could get its hands on him. Please. I am in the NYC area again. Cedars' JC does not rank with the warnings of NJ Transit to constantly be alert and to text or call a dedicated terrorism hotline. Every time I see such a sign, everday, I get flashbacks to September 11th. When I attended the Fourth of July fireworks on the Hudson River, I decided I need to use the ladies room at Penn Station asap. As I made my way to the ladies room, there were soldiers with no insignia with grenades, heavy rifles, and assorted other mayhem reducing gear. My daily life includes so many reminders of what happened here on September 11th, what I don't know about, and that I may be road kill next time. There is no doubt that New Yorker will face a next time.

They are a relatively small religion. Don't congratulate them on being a terrorist group. They obey laws. We may not believe what they preach but terrorist org., please. Furthermore, Witnesses themselves are more than likely more law abiding than I am. I wish people here would not make these giant leaps. If you don't like them, ignore them. They are on the fringes of society every place in the world. Ignoring them is easy to do.

Please. I read British and American history b/c of my interests. The Roman Catholic Church had its controversies. Martin Luther introduced the battles beween Protestants. American colonists believe such and such religion was from the Devil. Not liking other's flavor of religion is an ages old past time. It is not terrorism. The people working on antiterrorism would laugh at the suggestion. We can not agree with something without calling out the government hounds. Once they are called out for the Witnesses, they will be called out for atheists or Methodists.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Band on the Run ... Seriously? I thought I was pretty clear that I didn't consider the JW Org a terrorist group. I didn't compare a JC with terrorism.

For being a legal professional you seem to have done some embellishing between my lines. I OBJECT! SPECULATION!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Look at your title. Was the title a sexy way of grabbing readers to your post? I am not speculating. You titled your thread ..."should it be?

If one removes your title, there is not much left in your post.

• stillin
    stillin

Rmt1: it seems to me that the 1% doctrine would result in the extinction of all mankind, well, except for the last man standing. Paranoia isn't helping anything In the long run.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

May I ask what the 1% doctrine is?

They are not guilty of terrorism....however.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Sexy title? Well, titles are important ... but again, I didn't say they are a terrorist group, I questioned should they be on a terrorist watch list, which to me, and I may be wrong, simply means they have charachteristics that may bring them to the attention of those who scrutinize groups for potential terrorism ... the reasoning for which was provided in my opening comments.

Not much left in my post? You seem a bit cranky today BotR.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Your post is misleading. No, they should be observed by governments. They are not doing anything unlawful. Should the Roman Catholic Church be watched by the US government. It is worldwide. I believe the government has no business monitoring any religion. Fortunately, some Americans believe in the First Amendment. There are obvious answers to the WT. Education is prob. the strongest component. A well informed religous consumer is unlikely to fall for a cult.

Most people here give the WT too much credit. We only see what the WT did to us. There are plenty of worse religions. They have never been a majority religion anywhere on the globe. Global decision makers will not monitor them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit