musings from a sound booth - good and bad experiences in one morning of ministry

by Captain Blithering 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Howdy all , relieving the boredom at the meeting again.

Yesterday on the ministry i was offering halloween mags (i know,i just dont even try anymore!) - the lovely missus said "you cant place those" so i said half sarcastically "the truth never goes out of date or changes" . A long moment passed then she turned to me and said "yes it does!"

Excellent! tiny victories and all that!

And the bad?

we got invited in and i had to do actual ministry. Really tricky trying to answer questions without lying to her OR giving the game away to the missus..

Karma!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ouch.... That is not easy. I bet that inner turmoil made JC cry......

"In there own home! ....At Christmas!.....Ouch......"

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Indeed, and if that didnt make him cry then posting on an apostate forum during a meeting surely will...

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Keep it up Capt, it will be more entertaining than the platform drivel. I am looking forward to when we get wifi in the hall. That and an ipad are going to make the meetings much better.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I know a tale of a 'crisis of conscience' very similair to this ;)

Dude, you can only do what you can do. But NEVER feel guilty about being honest, being a good human and being reasonable, such as promoting, defending and having freedom of though, speech and expression.....posting on a forum would only cause a negative emotional response if you had been programmed to have it.

You are not in the wrong, just remember that buddy, look around you in the hall now... You are not the one in the wrong.

Snare x

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I wonder if theyll be able to detect where the internet traffic is going to and from? I think ill carry on using my mobile internet just in case...

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I look around and i see good people, people trying to be christian according to what theyre TOLD christianity is. Good people who are generally very honest trustworthy people. Good people that would drop association with me in a SHOT if i chose to have a different opinion publicly than them..... Ya gotta hand it to the WTBTS theyve developed a very clever closed system..

• KateWild
    KateWild

hey CB, I am out haha!! Seriously I am sorry you have to put up with it. Check out my thread if you're bored my post 1750 will give you pause for thought.http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/268850/1/The-butt-of-cong-gossip-I-have-missed-9-meetings#.UsACCvRdW8A

I can visit you as a reg pioneer if you like. PM me the name of your cong, if you don't approach me at the meeting thats fine with me, but if you do it could be a more interesting meeting. I will be a CO reg pioneer that is DF'd and go visiting JWNers he he. Would be fun for the bored ones.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Good people that would drop association with me in a SHOT-CB

They won't only the bad ones and scared ones do the good ones stay in touch. You are talking to me CB, you are a good one. Build a circle of new friends I did and you are one of them.

But take your time, make a plan and do it your way. Have a plan or you mouth will get you into trouble CB, you can't help it you are like me in this respect.

Kate xx

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Cap Blith, I know what you mean mate, having been asked to not return for asking why they owned stock in military companies and why they had added text to the bible. I saw how the people I had known ALL MY LIFE dropped me like a sack of plague. They literally crossed the street ahead of me, the elder I went and opend upto spread all sorts about me, really slanderous stuff, just in case I went to anyone witht he info I had. I didn't.

My NEW friends and people that are close to me, would get annoyed when I reffered to the JW's Im speaking of as 'friends', they would say "obviosuly they were not your friends!" Which was a real bitter pill to swallow, but true. Then I look at how they raise their kids, what they deny them, how much pretending and double lives goes on, they would deny blood to their child but have affairs with eachother, sex before marriage, lie to householders in order to answer questions, deny freedom of thought and speech.... And you knwo what, I now feel quite content to say they are NICE people, but they are not good people. i don't think they make for a good society, they are praying every day for all but them to die, so they can take their land and build houses...

but then who am I to judge anyone....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit