Thanks!

by Lightgrowsbrighter 17 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome Lightgrowsbrighter, nice to have you here ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome, I look forward to more of your thoughts.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Lightgrowsbrighter, Since you feel that the WTBTS does teach some good things, do you feel that teaching some good things can justify the WTBTS using BITE control techniques to victimize JWs?

If you do not know what BITE stands or what I am stating, please either visit Steve Hassan's website www.freeedomofmind.com, watch the Strategic Interactive Approach explained 2003 (1:23:23) video of Steve Hassan, and/or read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"). I view the WTBTS leadership (not individual JWs) like Jesus Christ said in Mt 7:14-16.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• flipper
    flipper

LIGHTGROWSBRIGHTER- Please, please research the links to Steve Hassan's books that ABIBLESTUDENT wrote down for you on the post before mine. I too was a born-in JW from birth. I exited over 10 years ago at age 44 and I still have a good relationship with my 80 something year old JW parents who have been in since 1951. Steve Hassans books on mind control and high control tactics organizations use- REALLY, REALLY helped me to see HOW I was controlled while a JW to think only the WT Society's views without use of my critical thinking abilities. I feel these books will help you immensely as well. Take care my friend, remember we are here as a support to you and your wife, O.K. ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Great to hear your story, Lightgrowsbrighter. My wife and I also found others drawing away from us for discussing some of the reservations we held about issues such as birthdays and field service reports.

We had a horrid weekend away with two other self-righteous JW couples -- including one young elder -- who spent most of the time rubbishing an elder in the congregation who was a bit of a thinker, very kind and also quite well-off. Over one restaurant meal it became quite nasty when I suggested there was something wrong with the drive to do MORE MORE MORE field service. They were disgusted with the gradual decline in average publisher hours; I suggested that possibly it was declining towards a level that Jehovah was comfortable with, so people could have more balance in their life and feel less pressure. The young arrogant elder stared at me and said, "That sounds like apostasy, brother."

I realised then that those who took the high moral ground always won any argument; those who took a more liberal approach were treated as suspect. By the time we did make the decision to quit meetings (April 2008) people were steering clear of us. We were invited to a gathering at someone's house for a wedding or engagement and left early when it dawned on us that no one would talk with us. No surprise perhaps that when we did quit meetings, there was no contact at all from elders or anyone else. Maybe they thought it was inevitable.

• whathappened
    whathappened

By calling what you said "apostacy" he ended the unpleasant conversation, didn't he? Their love and caring is totally conditional on you towing the line. I was shunned before I left simply because I was a singe white sister in an almost all black congregation and wasn't a pioneer.

• Ajax
    Ajax

Mr. Monroe-

Now they will wait quietly 'til they can 'finish you off' with a DF or DA. No one just walks away.

• looter
    looter

hi. i would suggest this post to give you an idea on talking to witnesses about certain matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit