Why do Jehovah Witnesses hate when you bring up going to Jesus?

by sheila wright 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

While Jehovah's Witnesse claim to be Christian, Jesus is at best a bit player in the Watchtower agenda. A recent Watchtower org chart showed the almighty Governing body directly below Jehovah, Jesus wasn't even pictured. They don't want their members to believe that salvation is earned by believing in Christ, they want you to think you must believe and follow them. This is ingrained into individual JWs so much that they get uncomfortable discussing Jesus.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Why do Jehovah Witnesses hate when you bring up going to Jesus?..

Jesus is not a WBT$ approved Brand..

JW`s are taught to reject anything not approved by the WBT$..

..........................................The WBT$ Advertises Jehovah!..

................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

lisarose, can you link that chart?

• LisaRose
  • tec
    tec

Why do Jehovah Witnesses hate when you bring up going to Jesus?

Because that is not what THEY do OR what they preach. So someone else stating to do this, as God commanded, as Christ also taught... reveals that they are not listening to Christ or to God, and are not from God, and are not teaching as Christ taught, or as God commanded.

God said:

"This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to Him."

Christ said:

"Come to ME..."

"I am the Truth and the Life."

There is ONE mediator between man (not some men, while other men have some other mediator, but simply, "man") and God. That is Christ. There is no one between man and Christ unless man, himself, allows someone to come between him and Christ. In which case, they have union with someone OTHER than Christ.

Didn't Jesus say come to me all who are toiling, take my yoke and learn from me for it is light and you will find refreshment for your souls. People have this understanding that you can't go directly to Jesus, you have to go through men, particularly the Watchtower Society. And they are hiding the fact that they believe that Jesus is not your mediator, only theirs... They are trying to take Jesus' place and slide right on his throne; OBEY the faithful and discreet slave HA! What a ploy!

Well said.

Peace to you,

tammy

• designs
    designs

LR- that could be Jesus "in the midst of the throne" the Revelation pic.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I think I can clear it up...this is what I've been told. That Satan has no problem with approaching Jesus or even you worshipping Jesus, but Satan does care if you worship Jehovah/God. A brother told me that he worshipped Jehovah & respects & imitates Jesus. Why most folks don't think witnesses believe in Jesus is because they are always talking about Jehovah. Their main claim to fame is...UPHOLDING JEHOVAH'S SOVEREIGNTY...it's not that they hate Jesus but they feel that imitating him is the best way to worship him. Since Jesus is God's only son & he Loves Jesus, so the witnesses feel by imitating Jesus they will come under the same umbrella that Jesus is under. There is a scripture that says, Jesus is the way, wonder how they read that. Although every prayer ends with in the name of your son & our Redeemer Jesus Christ, so they do give him his props, but I don't think they really get the message. As someone mentioned, they or I do not believe in the same Jesus as in the Trinity. I didn't believe in the trinity before I became a student, when I read when Jesus was baptized & God said, today my son I'm pleased with you (or something to that sort)...at that time I realized, who is Jesus talking to himself....then when he was about to die, he asked his Father/God to take this cup from him. Or even the scripture where Jesus is going to be on the God's right...The forshadowing of this is when Abraham was supposed to kill his son & God stopped him....

I think it is so impossible for people to believe anyone would kill their child for anyone. Most folks wouldn't sacrifice anything for anyone...so it boggles the mind of humans that God would give up his son for us...

Just all remember this...we are all going to stand in judgement...ALL...Don't worry about the witnesses, they can't stand & say, Well God, you know I was a witness & he'll say, ah, that's nice but did you believe in my son ...then they'll start to shuffle their feet & say Ah, Well God it goes like this, you see, I know he was your son & you told me to worship him but I know that Satan wanted to make a bad name for you, so I was going around pleading your case...then God will say, is that what I said...& so the story goes...I can't finish it cuz I ain't God...

So all that to say, they worship God & recognize, imitate & respect Jesus...But the man..is Jehovah...although, we do have quite books & literature about Jesus, I'm just saying..

Legacy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    2 Corinthians 13:5

New International Version (NIV)

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

Unfortunatly I dont think most JW's can even fathom what this scripture is talking about and therefore they do not past the test.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Because it is emotion based. And emotion does not belong in religion.

And because Jehovah's Witnesses have come to Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit