Separation of the sheep and goats

by RULES & REGULATIONS 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

wawym, the new light (IIRC) is that Jesus' presence began in 1914. His arrival is a future event, separate from his presence. I suppose the idea is that he has been present in heaven as King since 1914 but has not come to the Earth yet to bring about the end.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

So then I guess Jesus has the same abilities as Jehovah now? to be omnipresent or omnipotent? To be both in heaven and

A. be on earth to inspect the religions of the world in order to install his FDS?

or

B. - be all knowing of the events that are happening around him without having to physically be there to install his FDS.

Hmmm... one could almost say they were of the same essemce even?

I'll be a ...............

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I like how they use the terms: "goatlike" and "sheeplike" . Does that mean that people are "pre-goat" and "pre-sheep"?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, he may have gotten up from the throne and taken a walking tour of the earth in order to stretch his legs, during which time he chose the Society. Obviously it wasn't any kind of careful inspection, considering the guys he chose.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

LMAO. Fair enough point. I'm just trying to see this from their angle. How in the world do they make heads or tails out of this theology?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

If you want a serious answer, I think it's best to read the series of study articles with the new light here:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20130715/

I saw some summaries of the changes on the forum that contained inaccuracies, so it's best to go to the source. That being said, it looks like some of Leolaia's last posts were on the subject, here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/239601/1/The-Society-debunked-the-rumored-new-light-on-the-F-DS-in-1973#.Ur5UkY3VX68

I haven't read that thread yet, but I trust Leo to know what she's talking about.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In view of the new understanding of sheep and goats, what will happen to all those who died between 1919 and the new 1990s understanding without any "scriptural" hope of a resurrection. as they died judged as goats. Will they remain dead? Will recent fatalities be resurrected?

Yet every witless I knew laughed when the RC changed their teachings on Purgatory and Hell, even though the RC qouted the light gets brighter in Proverbs, and explained that God had progressively revealed his will in History.

What will happen to those sent to Hell for eating meat on Friday the WTBTS laughed. They went to heaven of course.

Its all a crock.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

YEAH right - and the Babble Students taught that Christs second presence began in 1874, and he sat on his throne to judge in 1914.

So NOW we have that his second presence began in 1914, and he will sit on his throne to judge sometime VERY VERY VERY VERY soon.

I remember a Rag from 1985/86, "Listen to this message, Please DEAR READER for Armageddon is SO VERY NEAR "

Blondie will find it. I no longer have any of this trash in the house.

• Listener
    Listener

Good point Hamsterbait. The GB sit on their thrones proclaiming that the Great Crowed are being judged as sheep or goats since 1914 but billions of people have dies since. What was the point of that judging if they will be resurrected anyway and had no chance of living long enough to possibly survive Armageddon?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Obviously the point of all this witnessing/door to door work was not to seperate the sheep & the goats , it was to get gullible suckers like you and I to bring in even more gullible suckers to do more door to door / witnessing to bring in more gullible suckers............

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit