A Clean Slate When You Die ??

by Perry 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

I did, I said I have a problem with god condemning US for the sin of two people and then deciding to torture his son to make up for it.

Aside from the fact that there was no Adam and Eve, and that I was a born in who spent years praying to a non-existent deity for the spirit you mentioned, what's the basis of your evidence for this version of Adam & Eve's (and indeed our) fall?

• tec
    tec

I did, I said I have a problem with god condemning US for the sin of two people and then deciding to torture his son to make up for it.

Yes, and I saw that Perry already answered that no one is condemned for the sin of another. (Although children do pay for the sins of their fathers, in that we are left with the world our fathers create for us, just like the problems that we inherit from them.) In what I shared from the understanding I have been given, is that God provided a way back TO life, and the garden, and the 'tree of life' (which is Christ), for those children that Adam had no regard FOR when he made his decision to disobey God, bringing death into the world.

God also did not torture His Son. Man did that.

Aside from the fact that there was no Adam and Eve,

There was/is... but I get that you do not accept this. But you ARE on a thread about Adam and Eve, asking questions about them, so... ?

and that I was a born in who spent years praying to a non-existent deity for the spirit you mentioned

I cannot comment on that, except to say that I am sorry that men deceived you; men who themselves do not know the Truth.

, what's the basis of your evidence for this version of Adam & Eve's (and indeed our) fall?

Christ... who is the Spirit and the Truth... who is alive and who does speak. He helped me to see this. As well, what understanding He has given is also backed up in what is written.

If you want to discuss specific things about what I wrote, then we can do that, even if you do not accept it as true, at least not right now. Of course, the best way to know the truth, and so the basis, would be to ask for ears to hear/eyes to see, and to ask Christ to help you understand. Your choice of course. But that is what I did.

Peace again, to you and yours,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Also, I am off to bed. Just didn't want to post and run, although I acknowledge that I have that bad habit, and I apologize to any I have left hanging.

Talk more tomorrow if you like.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

There was/is... - Tammy

You might as well go the whole way and join the flat earth society.

Why do have utter contempt for science?

• tec
    tec

I don't and you know it, since that accusation has been answered SOOO many times. Not going there with you again.

Peace,

tammy

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Perry:

Recently came across another verse that would argue that death does not wipe a person's "slate" clean:

(1 Peter 4:3-5) . . .For the time that has passed by is sufficient for YOU to have worked out the will of the nations when YOU proceeded in deeds of loose conduct, lusts, excesses with wine, revelries, drinking matches, and illegal idolatries. 4 Because YOU do not continue running with them in this course to the same low sink of debauchery, they are puzzled and go on speaking abusively of YOU. 5 But these people will render an account to the one ready to judge those living and those dead.

Verse 5 says the ones practicing the things in verse 3 would eventually "render an account," which they wouldn't have to if death wipes a person's slate clean. Those who would render an account include, according to Peter, "those living and those dead."

Take care

• alecholmesthedetective
  • Perry
    Perry

Thanks Bobcat....marked in my bible now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit