A Clean Slate When You Die ??

by Perry 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

For the one who has died has been acquitted from his sin. - Romans 6:7 (NWT)

I got a chance to witness to my dad scripture for scripture for one whole hour over the holidays. He was hung up on the above scripture. Of course the verse right before it shows it is a spiritual death:

For we know that our old personality was nailed to the stake along with him in order for our sinful body to be made powerless, so that we should no longer go on being slaves to sin. - Romans 6:6 (NWT)

Numerous other scriptures in Romans 6 & 7 and elsewhere show that the death here is a spiritual requirement and not a iteral one. ie. dying to oneself.

Even though this scripture is often repeated among JW's verbally to support the heretical position of receiving a "clean slate" when a person dies, I don't recall it being an official WT doctrine.

Has anyone seen this false doctrine in print anywhere by the WT ?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Life Everlasting in the Freedom of Sons of God", said this, "....after the beginning of his reign of a thousand years as King......Jesus Christ will make a further application of his human lifeblood - it will cancel out all the past sins of all mankind. This will be in addition to the fact that those of mankind who have died have paid the penalty of sin and thus been acquitted from sin. (Romans 6:7) Hence it is that when the earthly dead come back in the resurrection of the dead because of Christ's ransom sacrifice, their past sins will not be held against them".

Watchtower! 1974 10/1 p. 607; "In its broad application, it could correctly be said that one who has died has been acquitted from sin".

"The Bible explains that at death a person is set free or released from any sins he committed. It says: He who has died has been acquitted from his sin." (Romans 6:7) w82 5/15 pp.8,9

There are various other WT references which state that Paul was referring to a physical death. The implications of this spurious and demonic teaching has gone over the heads of most Witnesses worldwide, namely, that Christ's death was meaningless and unnecessary, because whether we die of cancer, heart-attack, or being hit by a truck delivering beer, ALL our sins are forgiven immediately - because our OWN death wipes out our sins!!

What a sin against the Holy Spirit, teaching and believing such a lie!!

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks Searcher. 1982 was the most recent example you posted. I wonder if they've beat that drum since then?

The context makes it hard to believe that anyone woud except that teaching.

• designs
    designs

"heretic" teachings "demonic teachings" how very 7th century of you two...

• Perry
    Perry

Thank You designs.

Yes, it is nice to experience the freedom to discover historic Christianity free from the pesecution ot the Watchtower.

• designs
    designs

Ah yes, free to believe and teach your children Hell is a real place. Its child abuse Perry.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I'm more concerned about having clean underpants when I die, than a clean slate!

• cofty
    cofty

Hell - Its child abuse Perry

^^^^THIS^^^^

• designs
    designs

cofty- We had a pastor in our community, pastor Synder, give a sermon on Hell describing in detail his views, the children in the audience went running from the church crying and screaming.

I don't believe in banning Evangelicals and Fundamentalists, I believe in exposing them.

• pixel
    pixel

"At death a person is set free or released from any sins he committed"

WT does not need Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit