QUESTIONS TO ASK JWs

by NAVYTOWN 17 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"WOULD YOU STAY IF WE WERE TOLD THIS IS NOT GOD'S ORGANIZATION" ?

How about a twist on this:

"Would you stay if there were evidence that this is not God's Organization?"

What kind of evidence would it take to convince you?

Lack of love? Spiritual adultery with the Wild Beast?

What kind of evidence can you present that proves that it is?

Doc

• Earnest
    Earnest

Phizzy, I agree there were a number of groups that claimed they were returning to the original teachings of the Apostles throughout the nineteenth century, particularly in the eastern United States. What I am saying is that whatever criteria Jesus used, supposing that he did any choosing at all at this time, it could hardly be based on uniqueness of doctrine as they all thought of themselves as restoring what had previously been taught.

The only thing unique about the Bible Students at the time was their recovery from a complete collapse after Russell died to the birth of a movement which spawned today's JWs from 1917-1919. If you (or anyone) wishes to attribute this to divine intervention then it can only be because they were at the right place at the right time.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The claim is made by them, Earnest, that Jesus chose them on the basis of what they were teaching at the time.

Hence my question above. It is not good enough to simply say that they did not teach certain things that they now say are error, the trinity and so forth, it is what they did teach at the time that counts, and for Jesus to choose them above any other group to be his sole FDS and spokesperson, they must have been teaching something unique to them , that is still taught as truth today, or else why would Jesus choose them ?

• Legacy
    Legacy

@ DOC,

There is plenty of evidence...the changing of doctrines, the generation, the FDS not a class anymore. New or revised Bible, most of the literature/books have to be updated re: the Revision of the bible...THE REVISION OF THE BIBLE...that should have been a red flag for them. The WT of July 2013...all those changes should have convinced them, instead, all they say, well, it's a new understanding & it's it humble that the org. owns up to their mistakes, no other religion does that...& you know why, CUZ THEY DON'T HAVE TO...They are sticking to their story right or wrong. If the friends actually see an emotional problem at HDQ, that might just rock their boat but anything they say...is the Gospel.

Most of the friends in or out have seen evidence that this may not be God's org. but they don't care. I have searched my little brain & wondered what question(s) to ask a JW...nothing...let them ask & answer their own questions, remember witnesses are known to have the last word & all the answers.

The Org. is an emotional attachment for the majority of the friends. Take it away from them....talk about mayhem in the streets...cuz you know witnesses are not balanced, they are heartedly in the org. or out on a drinking/sex binge...No balance...

Legacy

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have one.

If the worldly governments are owned by Satan, and corporations are given authority and power by worldly governments, then how can the Watchtower corporation be God's organization when it got its power from Satan's government?

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Jesus rejects Watchtower

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Oh the Corporation is seperate from the Oh So Spiritual GB don't you know ?

Those Legal bodies are simply there for the GB to use to launder money, sorry, typo there, should have said to further Kindom Interests by use of the "Unrighteous Riches".

• Legacy
    Legacy

@ Kurtbethel,

Touche'....but you know they would have an answer to that, don't you....they are not worldly, but they are in the world, I never quite understood that statement, we are not of this world. Then my question to them is....Yoohoo....THEN WHERE ARE YOU ?

I digress.

Legacy

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

@ Kurtbethel,

Touche'....but you know they would have an answer to that, don't you....they are not worldly, but they are in the world, I never quite understood that statement, we are not of this world. Then my question to them is....Yoohoo....THEN WHERE ARE YOU ?

I digress.

Legacy

Actually, I have asked a JW this question and he lied to me, saying that the law requires the Watchtower to be a corporation. I asked him to tell me which law requires that, and he had no answer, being caught in his lie. Then I asked him to show me in the Bible where the Christians went to the Roman governor to get authority to form and manage their congregations. He could not, and went about changing the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit