If they changed their blood ban…would their be a floodgate of lawsuits?

by Londo111 46 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I find Shakespeare very relevant. Themes addressed by Shakespeare are recycled on TV, stage, and in film. I read Shakespeare today. Altho I am familiar with is minor plays, I've enjoyed his major plays for decades.

The blood doctrine always seemed strange. It seemed silly to die for the belief. Besides Armageddon never arrived so you could repent and be reinstated in record time. It took a man in my aunt and uncle's KH about one year.

• Londo111
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

adamah - "If it weren't all so dastardly and evil, I'd be tempted to call it 'brilliant'."

The thought had occurred to me, too, but it's important to remember that predators have often been known to display inherent cunning despite a notable lack of what we would consider "conventional" intelligence (crocodiles, for instance).

When we see examples of it in human beings, we're - as you said - tempted to call it "brilliance", simply because - due to the fact that we're normal, decent people - actions llike that would never, under normal circumstances, occur to us.

However, to a predatory human (i.e., authoritarian personality), it's almost second nature.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Band on the Run - "The blood doctrine always seemed strange. It seemed silly to die for the belief."

Bertrand Russel said it best, IMO:

"I would never die for my beliefs, because I might be wrong."

The first time I read it it really struck a chord.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

HLC (Hospital Liaison Committee)....now there's another JW expression that has pretty much gone by way of the dinosaur!

In the mid 1990s til about the 2004 HLC members were a JW patient's friend in need. HLC members were a JW's go-to-person for support when facing surgery.

With very little being mentioned about blood transfusions in WT Literature in recent years I've noticed even less of this "Godsend" (HLC) being discussed.

PVG (Patient Visitation Group) I think has become the new JW 'buzzword'!

Why the change? Anyone have an answer?

• sir82
    sir82

Actually, there is virtually no reference to either of those groups any more.

JWs who want to "reach out" are encouraged to join the RBC, or whatever acronym the new system has. You never hear of any elders being recruited for HLC or PVG any more.

Methinks those groups are on the way out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW Gone Bad - "Why the change? Anyone have an answer?"

sir82 - "Methinks those groups are on the way out."

And this might be why:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/103578/17/Journal-of-Church-and-State-WT-NO-BLOOD-EXPOSE#.U775atT4Cmw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit