Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LOL @ processor

That's what they REALLY want!

• pixel
    pixel

Lol at processor.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Whatever this new 'understanding' of Jehovah might be, it will certainly reflectt the small-minded, nit-picky thought processes of the Governing Body. Mark my words!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

The new chapter is actually up on jw.org.

Changes are boringly minimal

George

• pixel
    pixel

"Changes are boringly minimal

George"

Lol. In JW world, boringly minimal changes are proof of the boringly active borganization.

• sd-7
    sd-7

OK what we need to do is have SD-7 write a complete new SD-7 version of the draw close to god book and send it out to dubs!

SD-7 time to go to work.

"(sigh) What do I look like, pest control?"

joker from batman: mask of the phantasm

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

But seriously, this certainly highlights once more the absurdity of the grandiose claims the Governing Body makes about itself. So, not only did the faithful slave not known its own identity for nearly the past century (more, really), but they didn't know the proper/full/2.0 meaning of the divine name, either. If these basic things require updating, there is absolutely no basis to believe any of the other complex things were accurate, either. These are things that the channel of communication should logically be expected to know perfectly from the start.

So God's all like, I can't tell you who you are accurately; heck, I can't even tell you who I am correctly!

So this is like a 'hurry up and get this information out to update everyone' thing. This may perhaps be one of the most literal '1984' moments since they did something similar with the Revelation book. Or indeed with the New NWT itself. The past has been brought up to date. "B..B! B..B! B..B!"

--sd-7

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

"Scholars hold varying views, so we cannot be dogmatic about this meaning."

Which "scholars" are informing their dogmatic certainty of other doctrines/teachings?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Which "scholars" are informing their dogmatic certainty of other doctrines/teachings?

Even if scholars were dogmatic about something, if WT wanted to teach it, they would teach it and build as many arguments in support of it as they saw fit. They pick and choose when they decide to care about what scholars' views are.

--sd-7

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Along w/ those who mentioned they may suggest which printer and ink to purchase will be a statement in the kingdom ministry like this......"The faithful and discreet slave have arranged for all to be able to purchase printers and ink at a special rate. Undoubtly all will cooperate and no longer purchase printers and inks even if cheaper elsewhere because if the companies knew jehovah's witnesses were purchasing elsewhere they will no longer provide such a good rate. Elders will also no doubt lovingly check in on the congregration members homes to make sure they are using the special ink and printers and provide warm loving counsel if any have not followed the directions of the faithful slave in this matter."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit