Beware Of Fakery On The Internet

by metatron 6 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://www.businessinsider.com/reputation-management-2013-12

The above will explain how so many awful people and organizations can look OK on internet searches.

When judging reviews on the internet, I always read the most negative first. Then, I ask myself, "is this opinion really a deal breaker?" "What does it reveal?".

metatron

• Deus.ex.Machina
    Deus.ex.Machina

I've found that most people are just more motivated to share bad experiences than good ones.

If I can, I look at a reviewer's other reviews and I always try to get sense of whether our interests/lifestyle are similar. For example, I'm single, no kids and prefer the city. My impression of a family friendly chain restaurant might be different from a suburban family with kids.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Beware Of Fakery On The Internet”

Absolutely. Case in point: http://www.jw.org/

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I thought this topic was about trolls and how people here usually fall for them

• metatron
    metatron

hard to argue with that, SAHS

metatron

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm getting a bit concerned about a wealthy guy I met on the internet from Nigeria. I sent $10,000 and my bank account information so he could transfer money into my account. I am expecting to get 15% of the total he transfers.

It's been over 2 months and I haven't heard a peep out of him. I need to follow-up with some emails on when things are going to get moving.

Rub a Dub

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

RubaDub,

There are a lot of internet scams operating out of Nigeria, similar to the one you just mentioned.

Another common internet scam is "Lottery" that "you have just won":

- only with one slight problem, it is going to cost you several thousand Euros to "release the prize." Goodbye, of course, to your several thousand Euros if you are fool enough to get sucked in!

Despite the prevalence of these two internet swindles, people still fall for them all the time.

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit