TheGreat Tribulation was in the 1st century

by maccauk11 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The Importance of 1914

As Jesus was said to have begun his Kingdom reign in 1914, how much longer could the New World be in coming? The hopes of the Jehovah's Witnesses still hung on a statement made by Jesus. Having condemned the Scribes and Pharisees for their hypocrisy and treatment of the prophets, Jesus went on to speak of the destruction of Jerusalem. He was talking to the Scribes and Pharisees and telling them they would pay for the wrong they had done with their lives:

Truly I say to you. All these things will come upon this generation. “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets… Matthew 23:36, 37 - New World Translation

Jesus then left them and was approached by his disciples who asked him to look at the temple buildings with them. Jesus was asked by them when the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of their temple would be. He then gave a detailed description of the events leading up to this. Jesus then repeated his statement concerning the generation then living to his disciples:

I tell you this: this present generation will live to see it all. Matthew24:34- The New English Bible

Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all things occur. Matthew 24:34 - New World Translation

(Taken from, Can Jehovah’s Witnesses Survive? By Trevor Willis)

• DS211
    DS211

The 6,000 year of man is over now and the 7,000 years now have come....oh wait so they believe that anymore? If so they are quite obviously wrong....man has been around longer than 7,000 years...woops

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

1914 was a false prophecy. The prophesies given By Messiah to those faithful ones in the 1st centruy was about the destruction of the Old Covenant culminating in the destruction of Jerusalemand The Temple. It was for that generation alone, no dual fulfillment, notypes and shadows. It is done in that generation and never to be repeated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit