The Gospel was preachedthroughout the world in the 1st century

by maccauk11 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Name the scholars who give an early date for Revelation. Elaine Pagel's latest book deals solely with Revelation. The scholarship is not presen tto assert your belief. Wikipedia must have people updating the Revelation article. I posted information regarding Pagel's latest book within the last few months. If all scholars now believe an earlier date, I would believe an earlier date.

An earlier date would bolster Revelation which would add credence to your belief that all things were fulfilled. Pagels made the point that at the time of cannoization, John of Pamtos Revelation was an embarassment. Most Church Fathers thought the book very dangerous.

If I have time later, I will insert a link.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well now, this changes things. I'm sure going to sleep in this saturday morning, now

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

LIkemany theories as to when it was written. Like everything these things have many for and against. All im interested in is what The Messiah said,to who and when and on that basis i stand by what he says

• designs
    designs

Oh you mean like when Jesus condemned the Pharisees for following their beliefs and said- "if you do not follow the smallest letter of the Law (Torah) you will not be in the kingdom of heaven" and then goes out and breaks the Sabbath himself and along with his disciples. Oh that Jesus, the duplicious guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit