Is my mind still controlled???.....Is yours????

by KateWild 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

Today I opened a gift. Knowing my family bought me a board game we all would enjoy. I was shocked. In my hands was dungeons and dragons. I had immediate flashbacks of talks mentioning the game and I even think a article mentioning how evil it was. Took me a min to shake it off and give it a chance.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I had immediate flashbacks of talks - crazy2try

At least you shook it off, well done and thanks for your experience, I don't feel alone at all. Its a comfort to know we are all getting better together. Love Kate xx

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wizard of Horndog: intelligence + 3, geek + 1000, roll three dice for probability of good sex life this year....

;) x

• flipper
    flipper

No, my mind is NOT controlled anymore by anybody but myself. Read Steve Hassan's 3 books and it will help immensely. Take care, Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Terry
    Terry

Here is me letting you in on a secret: none of us has CONTROL over any aspect of our own life. Nobody. Not anywhere.

Humans fool themselves when they think that way.

If your mind belongs to you there is no reason to worry.

If your mind belongs to the Watch Tower Society you would not be on an apostate discussion group.

Why? You aren't allowed to think, question or betray the cult loyalty.

Yet--here you are!

No aspect of life is control-efficient unless it has been engineered and tested in a laboratory. But then, it isn't human is it?

We all do our best when we have good information and a clear idea of what we're trying to accomplish. Then, we do the best

we can and step back and measure the results compared to our goals.

If we have common sense we split the difference and try again (having made certain adjustments.)

That's it.

That's as good as it gets.

Stop worrying and start living.

Set goals. Choose good friends and go out and do things which impact your life (and others') in a positive way.

Stop every now and again and see how close you got to achieving your short-range plans.

Once you develop those skills--set bigger ones.

Repeat and rinse.

Nobody has all the answers unless they are lying.

• DJS
    DJS

Kate,

I say the same thing in your post about sex. LOSE the JW language ASAP and the rest will be much easier. Think about all of the JW specific terms we were indoctrinated with - 'the truth,' 'apostate,' 'immoral,' etc. If you stop using words like that and replace them with more accurate adjectives and nouns, you will find it much easier to leave the control behind.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

crazy2try - I remember my parents telling me that when I was a kid. When I was a teen I went against the WT's rules on things like that. To me there is a big difference between 'fantasy' and real witchcraft. Real witches and witchcraft can't cast fire, ice, fly, there are no monsters, orcs, ogres, (only trolls are real), etc. So I never felt guilty doing anything involving 'fantasy' magic, which isn't real. But I would never touch the real stuff. And since I know the fantasy magic isn't real, it never gave me a desire to do the real stuff.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, the thing with Xmas is it's still just a human tradition like any other. One can choose to participate or not, regardless of what JWs teach about it. I personally, since I've very few memories of it in my life, choose not to participate, for the most part. I've gone to an office gift exchange once, but that's about it. It holds no meaning for me, right or wrong. Like with all the other holidays, it is essentially an alien culture to me.

Maybe that's the impact of mind control on me. The phobias are almost certainly still there. I don't involve myself in holidays or watch horror movies or use foul language (at least not anywhere but inside my head, except the PG mild language found in the original Star Wars) because of JW indoctrination. That's probably not even the half of it. There may be stuff I'm not even conscious of that can be attributed to that. Certainly fear/guilt associated with divorce was/is probably one of those things. Phobias about sex, parties, non-JWs, maybe even ex-JWs, too--all of that is probably there.

I just figure, I trimmed off as many irrational beliefs as I could and kept the ones I thought might protect me from self-destructing too much once I left the cult. Still didn't turn out well, but here we are.

--sd-7

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

LOL, we had so much funny playing the game last night. Turns out it is actually called dungeons, created by dungeons and Dragons. I was so shocked at first I didn't realize there was a difference.

• KateWild
    KateWild

LOL, we had so much funny playing the game last night-crazy2try

I am so happy for you. Great stuff. Love Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit