Is my mind still controlled???.....Is yours????

by KateWild 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KateWild
    KateWild

We are all set for a lovely Xmas week and nice holiday, but this image is indellably printed in my brain and I cannot erase it.

A piece of candy in a gutter

It's from the bible teach book, Chapter 16 para 11. I did that many bible studies and trained them how we need to make a stand for true worship and not ever return to pagan practices.

So now over this season of good will, and fun I have a literal bitter taste.

Are you having flash backs? How can we remove these images from our brain? Am I still indoctrinated? Is my mind still controlled? Is yours?

Kate xx

• caroline77
    caroline77

I think it's like post traumatic stress. It will take a long time to wear off. When I get a thought that I don't want I try to think of something else quickly to get rid of it.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Caroline,

Yeah good idea. Thats self tought CBT, I am trying but the lolly pop keeps coming back. I will keep it up thanks. Kate xx

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Can't see the image..

• caroline77
    caroline77

It will get better. You can't change long term habits in minutes. Happy Christmas and peaceful new year to you and yours. Think about how much you are going to enjoy your dinner!

• caroline77
    caroline77

Don't look at the image. It only reinforces it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Steve Hassan, bless his little cotton socks, wrote about just this phenomenon in Freedom of Mind, in the section on the recovery process from cult involvement. He said a good way to neutralize this phenomenon is to consciously create new associations to the words or things that trigger the flashbacks.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Hi Kate. Merry Christmas. Did you enjoy your get together? I hope we can meet up soon also.

I know what you feel. The scripture that pops into my mind now and then is "the dog returning to its own vomit"!!! Isn't the bible a lovely book???

The day I decided to DA myself I threw out ALL my literature. Bibles, the lot. Would you consider doing this? It's like when a relative dies and you put off clearing out their belongings. A wrench but when it's done, that part of the healing process can begin.

Keep strong. You have come this far.

Keep talking X

• KateWild
    KateWild

Julia, Thanks for that. I have his other book with me "combating mind control" I will check it out see what he says in that if anything. Forming a new habit seems productive, it's long term but we gotta start somewhere don't we.

Kate xx

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Glad your doing OK Kate and being positive..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit