Christendom's Buildings

by lambsbottom 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Is it true that JWs are buying old churches (from Christendom) and then turning them into KHs?

• blondie
    blondie

If the circumstances are right. Price, location, etc. But then I know KHs that have been purchased by Christendom and even Muslims. In one city, a KH is a Muslim mosque, another a Baptist church. We are traveling and passed an old KH that is now a Baptist church.

• Zoos
    Zoos

It's okay. As long as they shampoo the demunz out of the carpet they'll be fit for true worship.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

This Jewish Tabernacle in New York City (161st and Washington Avenue) has been a Kingdom Hall / Assemby Hall since 1973...

http://local.nydailynews.com/b22480874/Jehovah%27s-Witnesses-Assembly-Hall

I went there as a child and was always quite spooked by it for some reason...

• designs
    designs

Blondie- I've seen the KH in Pittsburgh that is now a Mosque/Education Center. Beautiful old neighborhood- Schenley Farms area.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Do you know what? I actually like some churches and cathedrals, they can be very beautiful and iconic. I also enjoy the peacefulness and great masonry you see in graveyards.

The WT conductor in my ex-KH said once that "jehovah was gonna knock down all the churches, like Westminster Abbey, Notre Dame" etc.... and I remember thinking to myself "what a jerk!" Here I am sitting in an ex-Nissen hut type thing with plastic flowers and awful curtains and he wants god to knock down great buildings!!! He also said from the platform that we had our own angel that guarded the KH. He even gave it a name. WTF!!! Him and his elderess wife went to Rome for a holiday and did'nt even visit the Vatican. You cannot go to Rome and not visit the V. What a complete moron.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

there was a k hall that was sold and was bought by a church, a week later we had a storm and a tree feel on the roof, take a guess about what everyone was saying. lol

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

I saw where a KH was sold and they turned it into an after-market truck parts store, another was converted into a funeral home.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Kingdom Hall I went to in Baton Rouge, LA, La Belaire congregation, it was a former church.

These days I wonder if they brick over the windows so the church looks like a mini fortress.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Sure. A building is a building. I did a rennovation for the RBC of a hall in Long Beach, and when we brought down a wall, we saw what was underneath it. It was a big cross with a crown. Hilarious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit